Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Window Clunk

Reactions
Being winter, I haven't used my power windows much since picking up the car in November. However I've noticed that my driver's window will give a bit of a clunk when it seats into the full up position. It's silent dropping down, and the other three windows are silent all around.

No troubles with auto up/down or anything, just the noise (you can feel it in the door panel too). It almost seems like a regulator issue. Anyone else noticed something similar?

Reactions
Same thing with mine. Driver side only. I’m not worried about it now but I may have it looked at if I have it in for any other warranty work.

OP
Pushrods
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Yeah, mine isn't even terribly consistent either (which might not be a good thing). I'll forget about it until a random time when it really gives a solid thump.

I'd take it in, but everything else is good so far.

Reactions
Mine does it on pass back window. In fact, when I bought the truck that window wouldn’t even roll down for a period of time for some reason. Now it does a nice clunk every time it goes down. Going up is silent

JP#ST

Reactions
Same hear, I started noticing it after 6-7 months. Sounds like linkage in door panel is going to break when it closes all the way. Having it checked out at next service along with peeling chrome on rocker switch.

OP
Pushrods
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
I actually did end up bringing the car in for service for a couple of other things and asked them to take a look at the window.

They confirmed that they noticed the clunk as well. But the extent of their diagnostic was to compare it to other Explorers on their lot. They stated that they observed the same clunk on every vehicle they checked, so it so it was deemed to be normal. :rolleyes:

Ran through a drive through a bit ago for lunch - like clockwork, the first time the window closed with the heavy clunk; second time, just a small hint of one.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Sorry to resurrect a zombie thread, but after a couple years did anyone ever get an answer out of Ford for this? I tried resetting the bounce back using their procedure but it didn't help. Admittedly I haven't seen anyone on the forum complaining their windows are screwed either, so maybe it's as non issue at this point.