Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Who's received a thumbs up from other drivers?

Reactions
I had a '14 GS corvette and got a lot more thumbs up. Felt like a million bucks while in the vette and I feel the same in my ST. Matter of fact my ST would take that vette in the quarter mile by seconds. Well, if the vette put six people in it to be comparable!!!!
Where did you buy a 14 grand sport?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
My F-1Fiddy gets more attention than the Explorer. Any vehicle that's clean and detailed usually will get noticed.

Reactions
it was kinda lol. Sure it was a typo as I didn’t think they built a 14 grand sport. Just having fun! Jim

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
In the end, you are not gonna get many thumbs up in a explorer..... let’s be real here. We like them, most people don’t give a crap.
That's what I like about it.
In the old days we would call it a sleeper

"Awe, it's just an Explorer."

Yeah.[neener]

Then this happens [smackbum]

Jim

Reactions
I got TWO yesterday, what a special day :giggle: One was a F150 and the other was a Charger.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I got TWO yesterday, what a special day :giggle: One was a F150 and the other was a Charger.
Mine is total stock , I run only 93 gas.

I have showed a few Dodge 1500s my tail lights and a Mustang.
Mostly HS kids with loud mufflers .Small town USA.

Me and my sleeper...they don't know what it is.:cool:

Jim

Reactions
Mine is total stock , I run only 93 gas.

I have showed a few Dodge 1500s my tail lights and a Mustang.
Mostly HS kids with loud mufflers .Small town USA.

Me and my sleeper...they don't know what it is.:cool:

Jim
Sleepers are so fun! I had a red X5M which was the opposite and I get more much enjoyment surprising people with the power in the Explorer.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Just yesterday , sitting at red light, near home,
This Nissan sports car come flying up and stopped in right lane beside, it was kind loud .
I don't even know what it was.

So when the light changed I took off a little fast , he then really took off...that's when I hit it and OMG..it was fun blowin him off.[smackbum][wave]

I can't wait , even imagine when I get a tuner.

Jim

Reactions
Just yesterday , sitting at red light, near home,
This Nissan sports car come flying up and stopped in right lane beside, it was kind loud .
I don't even know what it was.

So when the light changed I took off a little fast , he then really took off...that's when I hit it and OMG..it was fun blowin him off.[smackbum][wave]

I can't wait , even imagine when I get a tuner.

Jim
Best feeling! Oh just wait for the tune to fully unleash the beast!

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I'm waiting for ZFG, or will check out Ford Performance if the come with one.

Jim

Reactions
Us "old" guys who remember what a sleeper is this ST is a time machine! We remember when you could stuff anything between the Mustang shock towers from a 2bbl 289 to a dual quad 428 SCJ. Now all computer driven but keep the exhaust tamed, load up a tune on some high test an oooh baby, that prom date will not be impressed by getting beat by the family trickster. I'm following Jim on the ZFG or the FOMOCO performance tune. Post em when you get them, until then keep flying under the radar

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST - STAR WHITE
Never got any notice until I put the Thermal R&D 3" cat back on it. Now I get a lot of approving looks and thumbs up.

Reactions
Never got any notice until I put the Thermal R&D 3" cat back on it. Now I get a lot of approving looks and thumbs up.
My wife hates the FENG she took off in front of her step dad and thought the exhaust sounded like it did in the cab......my 7 year old broke the news to her that it didn't and now I may have her sold on the thermal 2.5" DPback :devilish: if I can just get her step dad to talk a little trash about it Black Friday should be a GO (y)