Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Who's received a thumbs up from other drivers?

Reactions
I've gotten two this week. Anyone else feel like a celeb driving this car?:D

gpz1221

Reactions
2 for me, wife claims 3 thumbs up...

Reactions
My wife received one during her commute from some guy in a Mustang. I had a guy approach me at the gas station asking if its a Range Rover lol.

merco

Reactions
I've had my ST for 6 weeks and not a single notice. I don't think anyone is noticing the ST because it looks too close to the previous model when it's driving around in traffic. I believe you have to be an enthusiast to notice this new body style over the old version at a glance. I didn't by it to get noticed, but I wish Ford pushed the design a little farther on the 2020 ST. I had a 2017 Explorer Sport previously.

Attachments

Reactions
I had a younger gentleman in a Focus ST give a thumbs up.

Reactions
no thumbs up yet but lots of gawkers.

Reactions
I've had a "wave" kinda thing from another ST owner as they drove by. I've noticed people (guys mostly) breaking their neck to stare at the truck. I did have a guy follow me to the "way away from others" parking area and ask if it was fast. I said a wee bit yeah. LOL

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
In South Orange County, a $55k family truckster won't get much notice. And as far as Explorers, I see more STs around than XLTs and Limiteds! But I do get waves from the other blue STs and Raptors I see around.

Blackssr

Reactions
Owning several Corvettes over the years, I always give/get the five finger wave (open hand on steering wheel) from other Vette owners when out for a drive, not so much with the Explorer STs. I feel most owners are older and not hip to the "Code of the Road". I always give the wave or acknowledgement but get nothing in return. On more than one occasion a young person will ask about the HP or my wheels on the ST but that is about it. I am South Florida so the The Explorer ST in nothing special. We have many exotics with 600+ HP running around here. I see at least 3 Lambos a day as well as McLaren's running around like it is nothing special. I just parked next to a Urus an hour ago when I went to my Lawyers office to sign some docs. It was bright yellow and truly jaw dropping. It makes 640 HP @ 2200 rpms and launches furiously in a 1/4" mile run. I need one of those. LOL

Reactions
Yessir. I get it a lot. I love it. I also give compliments all over the place too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackssr

Reactions
What celebrity you know drives a Ford? LOL
Even my Pizza guy drives a RX450H Lexus.

Reactions
I had a '14 GS corvette and got a lot more thumbs up. Felt like a million bucks while in the vette and I feel the same in my ST. Matter of fact my ST would take that vette in the quarter mile by seconds. Well, if the vette put six people in it to be comparable!!!!

Blackssr

Reactions
I had a '14 GS corvette and got a lot more thumbs up. Felt like a million bucks while in the vette and I feel the same in my ST. Matter of fact my ST would take that vette in the quarter mile by seconds. Well, if the vette put six people in it to be comparable!!!!
C7 has 450 HP and ~ 1600 pound less than the ST. I had a C6 Vert and it would definitely not lose to an ST in the 1/4 mile. A C7 would fair even better. The ST would need a lot more HP to overcome that weight disadvantage. To venture a wild guess, An ST would need at least 700 HP or more to overcome her big fat ass against a fit and trim GS C7 Stock condition. LOL

Reactions
C7 has 450 HP and ~ 1600 pound less than the ST. I had a C6 Vert and it would definitely not lose to an ST in the 1/4 mile. A C7 would fair even better. The ST would need a lot more HP to overcome that weight disadvantage. To venture a wild guess, An ST would need at least 700 HP or more to overcome her big fat ass against a fit and trim GS C7 Stock condition. LOL
Yes, but put in five extra people besides the driver!

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I live in Podunk , Western Ky.
I've not even seen another ST in 2 months....

So I don't get to wave to another one.

I do see people looking mine over at gas stations and restaurants.

But I make up for it by drooling over it myself.

Jim

hbalek

Reactions
I live in Podunk , Western Ky.
I've not even seen another ST in 2 months....

So I don't get to wave to another one.

I do see people looking mine over at gas stations and restaurants.

But I make up for it by drooling over it myself.

Jim
I live 15 minutes outside of D.C. and someone in my neighborhood I don't know saw me walking in a snow & ice storm for exercise and also didn't want to risk driving. He asked me, "hey ain't you the guy who drives a 4-wheel-drive Mustang?" I said Nope and kept walking. LOL

Reactions
In the end, you are not gonna get many thumbs up in a explorer..... let’s be real here. We like them, most people don’t give a crap.