Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

who has the Steeda Explorer 2.3L/3.0L ProFlow Intercooler Power Package - SCT BDX

Reactions
Pretty large difference. My best stock run was 13.9, I didn't try much with the canned tune, but best was around 13.2. Best Gearhead was 12.65. All on 94 with Whipple intercooler only. I launch around 2100-2200 and live at 4000ft, so I'm sure others could get better numbers at a higher launch and lower DA.

Someone posted a 12.01 on the GH AO tune with 93 and about a e30 mix. That's pretty impressive IMO.
I ran 11.94 with the gearhead ao tune with E26 intercooler and intake, but that was in 30 degree temps. It's closer to mid 12's in normal weather, haven't tested it in 90 degree temps as of yet. Shifting with the gearhead tune is amazing tho.

As for unleashed, Torie won't ask for logs. He just kind of assumes that customers know the deal and will send him logs on their own. Chances are good no matter what time of day you send it or what day of the week, he'll send you a revision within an hour. Haven't used him on the ST platform myself.

Reactions
I ran 11.94 with the gearhead ao tune with E26 intercooler and intake, but that was in 30 degree temps. It's closer to mid 12's in normal weather, haven't tested it in 90 degree temps as of yet. Shifting with the gearhead tune is amazing tho.

As for unleashed, Torie won't ask for logs. He just kind of assumes that customers know the deal and will send him logs on their own. Chances are good no matter what time of day you send it or what day of the week, he'll send you a revision within an hour. Haven't used him on the ST platform myself.
Great time on the GH tune!

Torries turn around time for revisions is something else. I think there was a day where we got through 5 or 6. Most of them were because I was being picky on how the boost came in and some shifting adjustments I wanted. I’ve worked with him on my truck and the ST, he (or his daughter) always responded quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
Thread Starter #23
Pretty large difference. My best stock run was 13.9, I didn't try much with the canned tune, but best was around 13.2. Best Gearhead was 12.65. All on 94 with Whipple intercooler only. I launch around 2100-2200 and live at 4000ft, so I'm sure others could get better numbers at a higher launch and lower DA.

Someone posted a 12.01 on the GH AO tune with 93 and about a e30 mix. That's pretty impressive IMO.
damn, that's respectable! almost 2 seconds off stock!!!

rhite95

Reactions
Torrie (Unleashed) does custom tuning. He is know for custom tunes, not canned tunes. Many Tuners will start you out with a base tune that fits a lot of customers' needs. If you want something different or something more, he does updates. Torrie has a good reputation and won't send you a tune where the wheels will come off the first time you run it. He is very responsive. Though the below mentions Mustangs it's the same for any vehicle he tunes.

https://tuning.americanmuscle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003128383-About-Unleashed-Tuning-Custom-Tunes#:~:text=Unleashed Custom Tunes.,is running healthy and strong.
This is the same thing I have experienced from Torrie also.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Yes, Gearhead has some great tunes. I have their E30 and now E50.
I ran a 12.10 with the E30 in about 60-degree weather.
I haven't had the chance to test the E50 tune yet, but my goal is to break into the high 11's.
I may be able to get done on the E50 if I send them back some data logging once I learn the process.