Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

who has some tune comparison insight?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
As if on cue he returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
break.jpg

ssw

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I have a 2023 with CVF Intercooler and AFE drop in air filter. I did the Auto Octane by Gear Head. I have had the tune for 10k miles, driving between FL and GA, with absolutely no problems. The tune is awesome, tranny is smooth as silk, shift points are perfect. I also don't have to worry if my wife or son forget to put in premium. I don't run the vehicle at the track, but I am a former X5M owner, and this tune, for a 3.0L 6 cylinder motor, is very impressive.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
^^^Thanks for that review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Im switching to GH AO and E50 tunes. I heard they were good. Can't wait.
I have both and are great! The car shifts like it should from factory. I had a 5 star tune e50 AND DUMPED IT for Gear Head.

KoolAl44

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
I came from unleashed tuning. Can't be happier with Gear Head. Torrie wanted to charge me another 150 to tune my intercooler because I didn't purchase it from him. Naw.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
has anyone run 5 star tuning sct tuner tune? Since my ST is still under warranty, I like to change it back to stock tune easily with the handheld vs labtop/hp tuners.
Just so you know, they can tell if you are running a tune even if you return it to stock. Every time you write a tune to the vehicle it resets the key cycles to zero. So when you bring it in and it only has say 5 key cycles, that is a red flag! And, if they dig deeper, as they are doing to me right now after transmission failure, they can see if the vehicles tune has been changed. Some dealers will try to void the warranty over having a CAI. However, I believe under the Magnuson-Moss warranty act, they have to prove that it's what caused the failure. The problem there is, it would probably cost you more in legal fees to fight it than it would to just pay for the repair.

Last edited: