Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Whipple Intercoolers $950 shipped in the USA

Reactions
Installed the Whipple on Friday and am now getting error code P007D. The sensor is plugged in, the wiring was not damaged, but the code comes back when cleared. Any suggestions?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Thinking that there is a problem with that sensor’s circuit.

Reactions
Hmm that's interesting. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can chime in and help. My Whipple IC should be here in a few days so hopefully I dont run into the same issue as I'd have no way of clearing it.

F=MA

Reactions
Googled it. Makes sense. Did you remove the plastic rad shutters also?

OBD II Fault Code
The Charge Air Cooler Assembly cools the air coming out of the turbocharger before the air goes into the engine. If the PCM detects the temperature of the air coming out of the Charge Air Cooler is abnormally low, the PCM will set code P007D.

I installed the Whipple myself and removed the plastic rad shutters on an 06/20 build date with no error messages.

Last edited:
Reactions
Googled it. Makes sense. Did you remove the plastic rad shutters also?

OBD II Fault Code
The Charge Air Cooler Assembly cools the air coming out of the turbocharger before the air goes into the engine. If the PCM detects the temperature of the air coming out of the Charge Air Cooler is abnormally low, the PCM will set code P007D.
I installed the Whipple myself and removed the plastic rad shutters on an 06/20 build date with no error messages.
Lol - so the IC is working too well?!?

Reactions
OK, took it all back apart - everything looked fine. Put it back together, looks just the same, but now no codes. Go figure. I guess it just wanted more attention...
I did not remove the shutters; I live in New Hampshire. They might be useful.

F=MA

Reactions
I suppose that a wire connector now got moved and it is not making or breaking a certian connection.