Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Whipple Intercooler Step-by-Step Install & Review

Reactions
any issues with the lower brackets rubbing against the AC condenser?

Reactions
So I may have gotten first run brackets? Bummer. Installed now.
possibly
I honestly didn't know there was a bracket issue. Whipple indicated the bracket update when we brought in our pallets of coolers

We are pricing our coolers very aggressively to move some out of our warehouse in Vegas. If you are in the market for one please let us know

https://whooshmotorsports.com/colle...le-superchargers-mega-cooler-2020-explorer-st

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Reactions
Resurrecting an old thread here; how do I tell if I have the old vs. revised brackets? i.e. what changes were made?

I bought my cooler, new in box, from a forum member, but it looks like the invoice was from May 2020 - probably the older brackets?

Also, does anyone have a link to the installation instructions, maybe a .pdf? The video above is helpful, but having a digital or paper copy from Whipple would make me feel better.

Last edited:

TheNorth

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Resurrecting an old thread here; how do I tell if I have the old vs. revised brackets? i.e. what changes were made?

I bought my cooler, new in box, from a forum member, but it looks like the invoice was from May 2020 - probably the older brackets?

Also, does anyone have a link to the installation instructions, maybe a .pdf? The video above is helpful, but having a digital or paper copy from Whipple would make me feel better.
Not sure about the brackets, but the installation guide is here: https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=506

Reactions
Thanks! I have an email out to Whipple asking about the brackets - will update here if/when I hear back.

Update: Whipple sent me a speedy reply. They are not aware of any fitment (AC condenser) issue with the front brackets, but they did make a flat pattern change om June of 2020. They are shipping me an updated set of brackets at no charge. I love companies who understand the value of great customer service, kudos to them.

Last edited:

t_fiki

U.S. Army Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Are y’all replacing the piping from the IC or are you using factory piping?