Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Which driving mode do you spend your time in?

PostmanRP

Reactions
Mostly normal mode for me but will play around in sport. My drive to work is pretty short so that’s why I mostly leave it in normal. On longer drives I switch to sport for fun. Really wish they allowed the vehicle to start in the last mode you used for convenience. Tuners have no luck with seeing if that’s possible? Or forscan?

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Most of the time it's in Normal. Occasionally Slippery when we get heavy rain and usually in Sport when the wife isn't with me. Oh yeah, by demand it's in Sport when the grand kids are aboard.

hbalek

Reactions
Look , let's face it , some of us bought this vehicle for different purposes.

Some bought it strictly for performance , Racey, hot rod that's fun to drive...that's fine...that's great. Have fun.

But

Some of us bought it for a daily grocery getter, going out to dinner with friends , haul the grandkids to sports events in a roomy 6 seater with technical comforts.
The high performance is just added icing on the cake .

The latter is the main reason I bought mine.

That being said I do enjoy the performance once in a while.

95% ECO mode.
4% Normal mode.
1% Sport mode.

Jim
I fell in love with mine first and foremost on looks standing still it knocked me out even in the dark! Then I test drove the ST 3 times and had to get it! The Black CPO 2019 Nautilus was my second choice but paled in comparison on all counts except the cool Lincoln embrace on approach.

Last edited:

Tolum

Reactions
Look , let's face it , some of us bought this vehicle for different purposes.

Some bought it strictly for performance , Racey, hot rod that's fun to drive...that's fine...that's great. Have fun.

But

Some of us bought it for a daily grocery getter, going out to dinner with friends , haul the grandkids to sports events in a roomy 6 seater with technical comforts.
The high performance is just added icing on the cake .

The latter is the main reason I bought mine.

That being said I do enjoy the performance once in a while.

95% ECO mode.
4% Normal mode.
1% Sport mode.

Jim
Same here but adding some % Slippery as we have snow and some % Tow/Haul when I go remote with my snowmobiles and ATV.