Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wheels Scraped

Reactions
So I just had the unpleasant experience of really scraping my front wheel while parking. I have never done this before with any car. I did buy all the warranties with the car. Has anyone had to replace a wheel? Cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Yeah, probably not a discussion of warranties, insurance perhaps but not a warranty. I looked these up for a friend that was interested in getting a set some time back and I believe they were $459/ea. There are wheel specialty shops that can make a wheel that isn't bent at the hub, look like new at about half that price. Downside is you're at the mercy of the shop doing the repair and what do you run while the wheel is being prepared? It's a tough spot.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Check with Detroit Wheel and Tire. They only deal with OEM wheels. They would send you a refurbished wheel like yours, and you send your old wheel back, no downtime.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk