Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wheel Spacers

Reactions
Vehicle
20' Explorer ST
Can someone recommend me a kit for wheel spacers for the ST? I'd like to buy them, but unsure which ones. I'd like the front and rear to be flush with the side if possible.

Reactions
Bora 1.25” front and 1.5” rear will get you flush

OP
MyNameisE
Reactions
Vehicle
20' Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Bora 1.25” front and 1.5” rear will get you flush
Do you have a direct link for these to buy?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I have a set of 1.25" and 1.5" that I'm not using anymore and I'm not too far from you. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just know that 1.25 and 1.5 aren’t flush…they actually stick out past the fenders about 1/4”.
Flush is 1” all the way around with the rear camber set at -.5° but nobody wants to do that work so they’ve invented this fallacy about the others being flush. Ask for close up pics…you’ll see.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I previously posted top-down pics with 1.25" spacers all around with 295/40s on the stock 21" rims. They do indeed stick out, so much that I will likely remove the spacers. This isn't much of a problem in fair weather, but when it rains there is a big difference in the road film build-up.

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/wider-tires.4878/post-78822

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
New to the spacer thing, but seems like you could run 1" up front and 1.25" in the back and not have the tires go past the fender? I assume that you wouldn't have to cut the studs, but would involve what UNBROKEN was talking about with adjusting the camber though. Am I far off on this one?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You will have to cut the studs for any 1” spacer…or knock them out and use S550 Mustang wheel studs that are already shorter.
1” on all 4 corners with the camber number I posted will be flush all around.

tbattista

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I have thought about buying wheel spacers, but I have heard that they are terrible for wheel bearings. Is this true?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have thought about buying wheel spacers, but I have heard that they are terrible for wheel bearings. Is this true?
I wouldn't say terrible. It does stand to reason wear on the bearing will increase. But replacing the hub with bearing isn't a big deal.

Vince4188

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
Just received my 4 1.5” spacers. Do I need to apply the lock Tite glue that comes with it? If I do how hard will it be to remove them ?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just received my 4 1.5” spacers. Do I need to apply the lock Tite glue that comes with it? If I do how hard will it be to remove them ?
If you are running stock wheels, i really think you should have gone with 1.25" spacer. Regardless, No locktite is needed. Just re-torque the nuts holding the spacer on after a few hundred miles just like you would with new alloy wheels. I recently removed 1.5" spacers from the rear and they were difficult to remove.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Why do you want your wheels sticking 1/2” past the fenders?

Vince4188

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
meaner look, no?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
No. lol

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You could always go with that look with the wheels halfway out of the wheel well. Not a good look imo or performance but plenty of them around here. For added bonus you could run them with massive camber!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have Steeda spacers on mine and they work just fine!

F=MA

Reactions
You will have to cut the studs for any 1” spacer…or knock them out and use S550 Mustang wheel studs that are already shorter.
1” on all 4 corners with the camber number I posted will be flush all around.
If one was to use Bora one inch spacers on all four corners do you know if the recess in the back of the OEM 21 inch wheels would clear the stud protrusion of the stock Explorer ST wheel studs? Considering going with shorter wheel studs, i.e. "A" series studs. Since wheel studs are a friction fit is there a limit how many times the studs can be changed out before the supporting base material gets damaged?