Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What’s the deal with the fiber/fabric in the wheel wells??

MJS1

Reactions
Love my ST but the Fender Liners are very poor. And just wait till you hit a muddy road! Right front fell down onto the tire after only 3 miles, rubbed and is now toast. The same material is used on almost every new car or truck but not of such a thin variety. Ford says oh its my fault because I hit something. Sorry Ford but its a Design flaw! If I cant drive on a muddy road then why should I get an SUV. My last 4 trucks had the same material as the ST but the material was at least twice the thickness.

Anyone found a plastic fender liner yet via aftermarket?

Reactions
I use a pressure washer on mine with a 25 degree tip and zero issues. Just don't be an idiot. A power washer is an indispensable detailing tool.

Reactions
I've used the carwash sprayer and can get lots of dirt and debris out. I am wondering if it'll retain moisture causing rust faster?
How is it any different than driving in the rain?