Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What's Next?

HTX-2020ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Hey everyone,

Recently purchased a 2020 ST and have already thrown some parts on. See list Below:
CV Fab Intercooler
AFE CAI
Borla Atak Exhaust
SCT X4 - Running 93 Octane Tune

The results I've seen are great but wondering if how much more I can get with say a different tune and/or other bolt on parts. Any help is much appreciated!

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
A custom ZFG tune and that thing will move a lot faster than the pre-uploaded SCT tunes. The SCT pre-uploaded tubes are very very conservative.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hey everyone,

Recently purchased a 2020 ST and have already thrown some parts on. See list Below:
CV Fab Intercooler
AFE CAI
Borla Atak Exhaust

The results I've seen are great but wondering if how much more I can get with say a different tune and/or other bolt on parts. Any help is much appreciated!
Welcome to the forum

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Ditch the SCT…get a real tune from ZFG using an HP Tuners device.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey everyone,

CV Fab Intercooler
AFE CAI
Borla Atak Exhaust

Congrats and welcome.

As others mentioned, go with a ZFG Tune.

OP
H

HTX-2020ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
I appreciate the feedback y'all! So general consensus is the SCT doesn't open up the engine as much as it could. Went that route because of familiarity and how easy it is to apply and take off a tune. Is ZFG the same way using an HP tuner?

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I appreciate the feedback y'all! So general consensus is the SCT doesn't open up the engine as much as it could. Went that route because of familiarity and how easy it is to apply and take off a tune. Is ZFG the same way using an HP tuner?
ZFG does use HP tuners.

OP
H

HTX-2020ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Sorry I guess I should have phrased that better. Is it easy to apply and remove tunes using the HP tuner? With the SCT it takes hardly any time at all.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Sorry I guess I should have phrased that better. Is it easy to apply and remove tunes using the HP tuner? With the SCT it takes hardly any time at all.
Very easy. Plug the dongle in the ODB port, open the TDN app on your phone and your tunes are right there.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Very easy. Plug the dongle in the ODB port, open the TDN app on your phone and your tunes are right there.
That’s with the Bluetooth RTD…the MPVI is still a lot more stable with a wired connection.

OP
H

HTX-2020ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
Thanks for the info! So I should go with the MPVI? Don't mind a wired connection if it'll be more stable. Anything else i should add to the list while I'm at it?