Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What to do with the slot in front of the cup holders?

Reactions
What do you guys use this for? By itself it’s too small for a phone or keys. Seams pointless. Ideally, I’d love to find an adapter to use for a phone cradle but really any ideas would be welcomed at this point.

image.jpg

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It's perfect for holding a pack of smokes!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Ditto on the key fob.

Reactions
phone, but I dont have a monster phone... Pixel 4.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Normally .. my wallet or phone(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
spidereddie
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
I put my wallet in there as well, but that silly indentation/dip in the middle makes lean over and seams so arbitrary (for anything other than a fob now that you guys mention it).

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Though my fob sits there it isn't an ideal spot when standing the fob. It definitely leans back and forth and rattles around with any type of spirited driving. It's tough for me to dig the fob out if I lay it in there sideways.

I'd almost bet it was designed for a phone that is attached to a cable, hence the center dip.

Last edited:
Reactions
I had it rigged with the cable coming out door and under my phone, but can't see it worth a damn

Reactions
Though my fob sits there it isn't an ideal spot when standing the fob. It definitely leans back and forth and rattles around with any type of spirited driving. It's tough for me to dig the fob out if I lay it in there sideways.

I'd almost bet it was designed for a phone that is attached to a cable, hence the center dip. That said, like the phone charger Ford didn't really consider that a large number of drivers carry phones with larger screens. It's won't fit my Galaxy Note.
It’s the spot I mainly use for my iPhone, since I am a CarPlay guy. It works pretty well with the dip allowing the plug in somewhere to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmsean

Reactions
Phone Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

MoMo

Reactions
What do you guys use this for? By itself it’s too small for a phone or keys. Seams pointless. Ideally, I’d love to find an adapter to use for a phone cradle but really any ideas would be welcomed at this point.

View attachment 6274
I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it fits with a case on it.

Reactions
My iPhone 7 plus with case fits perfectly in there. We just picked up our 2021 ST yesterday.

Reactions
Plugged in phone with the charging cord down. But still the damn thing flops forward and back. I think I get what they were trying to do, but failed.

KegsBdry

Reactions
OnePlus 7 Pro stays in place (Ignore the cracked screen: I dropped it a week after buying it in the parking lot). :confused:

1624896435730.png