Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What is the easiest way to remove and replace the front grill Ford emblem on a 2021 ST?

Blackssr

Reactions
Has anyone removed and replaced a 2021 Ford emblem on the front grille..I looked at it for about 20 minutes and cannot figure out the easiest way to get to it. Has anyone done this? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions
It's held on my two plastic nuts, unfortunately you have to remove or pull back the front bumper far enough to get a wrench on them. Bumper removal is easy though, there's a video on youtube of the bumper removal process. I had it off and back on again within an hour.
20200816_102121.jpg

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I actually used my 11 old niece Cassidy to get her arms in the slots below the Emblem and loosen the 10MM fake nuts. Hopefully she will be a future Gear Head. It took her about 20 minutes to get the Ratchet lined up. (I felt like the Mandalorian teaching Baby Yoda. LOL (1) Baby Yoda Tries to Fix it! Season 2x4 (cute Baby Yoda scene) - YouTube ) The same amount of time was required to install the new red unit. I took her for Ice Cream after and a speed run and we are good. !!! Child Labor works for me. It did cost me $11.00 at Carvel ;-(.. WTF? 20210127_121325.jpg 20210127_121316.jpg 20210127_121857.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
1B11EA16-4374-4913-ACE8-66F97DE4C1F1.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
got the black ovals from Ford. The rear was easy. Took more time cleaning off the sticker glue than anything. But on the front the bumper cover took me a while. There’s two 10mm bolts connecting the bumper to the fender that were the hardest step by far.

Pablo

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer St 3.0 2022
got the black ovals from Ford. The rear was easy. Took more time cleaning off the sticker glue than anything. But on the front the bumper cover took me a while. There’s two 10mm bolts connecting the bumper to the fender that were the hardest step by far.
Any chance of a link to the black oval?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Has anyone had problems with paint peeling on aftermarket Ford emblems? I sure have seen a lot of original Ford emblems with all the blue gone...
Looking to do this while installing the IC when the weather warms a little more.

Reactions
Has anyone had problems with paint peeling on aftermarket Ford emblems? I sure have seen a lot of original Ford emblems with all the blue gone...
Looking to do this while installing the IC when the weather warms a little more.
I happened to post yesterday about me being a Program Manager for a few years at the OEM Ford supplier of Ford emblems, ovals, badging, etc. . Older OEM Ford ovals that were not produced where I worked, were paint over chrome ovals. What that means is that the ovals were injection molded, then chrome plated, them blue paint was painted in the surrounding area of the FORD lettering. Many years ago, Ford made it one of their standards to no longer paint over chrome as it was not durable and the paint would come off. This same issue occurred on many fender badges and other paint over chrome badges over the years. All modern OEM Ford ovals are multi piece construction with solid MIC acrylic blue for everything. This permanently resolved the previous issues with old ovals.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
To get the old emblem off you may drill through it and drill out the studs. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Unbroken mentioned this. I have not done this on the ST, but I have on another older vehicle and this worked great.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Already saw that one. Not interested

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Your options are limited, then.

Good luck in your search.