Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What is the deal with Lethal Performance?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I've ordered a mid pipe from them and there was no problem. This time I ordered a set of Eibach springs. After a few weeks with no delivery confirmation, I contact Lethal and they tell me they called Eibach and there will be stock in a week and a half. 2 weeks later... nothing. I contacted them again and said it sounds like it's backordered for a while since Tirerack says 4/2024 is when they will get more. LP tells me Eibach will have 31 units at the end of the week and to expect shipping info the following Monday or so. That day comes and goes... so this time I call Eibach and explain the situation. They tell me they are not expecting anything until 4/2024 (same as Tirerack ETA)!! I call LP about cancelling. They say sure, no problem. But no email, no refund. I resort to disputing the charge with my credit card.

Anyone else get this? I can't imagine that I'm the only one.

Chris_16

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I had the same issue but after contacting LP they mentioned The Eibach springs have been on Backorder. I ordered my mid December and finally received the springs about a week ago. Last time I checked Eibach’s website stated backorder as well.

OP
C

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I would be OK with them saying it would be backordered for a while. But no, they kept stringing me a long saying it would be here in a week (every time I called about it). I got notice from Eibach that their springs were back in stock about 2 weeks ago. In any case, after disputing the charge with my Credit Card, I magically got a refund a few days later. I thought I learned my lesson not to buy auto parts from questionable retailers because of a "deal"... I should have just bought from Tirerack and got them back in November--to hell with saving 50 bucks.