Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Here's a quick peak at their exhaust.
From an visual standpoint the only thing worse than a double wall tip is a rolled tip.

Personally I like staggered tips that follow the bumper and a larger single wall tip, like what's on the 18+ mustang GT. Black, single wall slash cut tips that are staggered would be awesome. Mbrp carbon tips look amaaaaazing

Reactions
From an visual standpoint the only thing worse than a double wall tip is a rolled tip.

Personally I like staggered tips that follow the bumper and a larger single wall tip, like what's on the 18+ mustang GT. Black, single wall slash cut tips that are staggered would be awesome. Mbrp carbon tips look amaaaaazing
The explorer is expensive enough where I feel most people don't want an exhaust that drones. It needs to be quiet while cruising on the highway. If it drones it's poorly designed.

Reactions

I totally agree about the staggered tips. I will mention about your thoughts on the tips.

Reactions
The explorer is expensive enough where I feel most people don't want an exhaust that drones. It needs to be quiet while cruising on the highway. If it drones it's poorly designed.
That was my biggest thing with them, making sure there was no drone. It doesn't drone, but that is the issue I think. If they try to push it any further, they may run into a drone issue. The exhaust is definitely noticeable from 70 on up while cruising, but it's not a true harmonic drone that will make you nuts. I've been trying to figure out how to post a cold start video on here, but I'm not that bright. I actually posted a video on one of my IG accounts if anyone is interested in hearing the cold start.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Drove mine all the way to Asheville and all I got was this backpack. ;)

45E9E2E1-1439-493D-BDB9-743420728C51.jpeg

Meek828

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Stopped by a tint shop to book an appt today, and as luck would have it the lady said they just had someone cancel last minute. They got me in right away! This is a very reputable shop that had a M8 Comp, Bentley, 2 C8s, and some other high end cars in there. Ceramic all around, 15% front and 80% rear (in addition to OEM). Love it! Running out of things to do while I wait for my Thermal to ship!

View attachment 8060
Nice, i got my appt this coming Tuesday. If i can ask what did that run you? Dude in my town quoted me 740$ plus tax. All windows, windshield, and sunroof, all that nano ceramic tint.

KegsBdry

Reactions
ECM cover prototype #1 test fit. Gonna change a few measurements tomorrow and make #2.
No screws or bolts, attaches using the oem push pins for the wiring harness on both sides.
I drew this up months ago and forgot about it until I stumbled across the file on my laptop today. Needs a few adjustments…should have the final version done tomorrow at lunch. View attachment 8275 View attachment 8276
Can someone explain why one would cover their ECM? I bought a used Ford once and it also had an after market cover over the ECM.

Reactions
Nice, i got my appt this coming Tuesday. If i can ask what did that run you? Dude in my town quoted me 740$ plus tax. All windows, windshield, and sunroof, all that nano ceramic tint.
That price sounds right if you are doing the windshield and sunroof. Mine was a little around $475 ish with tax, can't remember exactly.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Can someone explain why one would cover their ECM? I bought a used Ford once and it also had an after market cover over the ECM.
It’s kinda ugly and some of us are trying to de-ugly things under the hood.

Reactions
agreed with @UNBROKEN, would love to deuglify the engine bay. IMO the ugliest thing is the coolant overflow tank, which Ford placed front and center, well a bit off-center, but you get the point.

KegsBdry

Reactions
It’s kinda ugly and some of us are trying to de-ugly things under the hood.
The less plastic covering the engine the better. IMHO

KegsBdry

Reactions
The ECM isn’t on the engine…it’s behind the pass side headlight.
I wasn't referring to the ECM but everything under the hood. I'd like to see the actual engine and components, not a big piece of plastic covering everything up.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I wasn't referring to the ECM but everything under the hood. I'd like to see the actual engine and components, not a big piece of plastic covering everything up.
I generally tend to agree. This is the engine in my F150 I recently sold. I rerouted every possible hose and wiring harness to clear as much as possible off the engine itself. 7971972C-19C7-4FE7-A652-6C8E0C0C0D1F.jpeg

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Redline Hood Struts
SuperForged 6-piston BBK
Custom fabbed cold side piping. It seemed counter-intuitive to have all that extra intake flow, just for it to be choked down by the plastic piece with two 45 degree angles in it, so i spent the morning fabbing up a new piece. I was going to paint it, but the raw aluminum against the red silicone is really growing on me.

IMG_2361.JPG IMG_2359.JPG IMG_2360.JPG IMG_2373.JPG IMG_2374.JPG IMG_2375.JPG IMG_2376.JPG

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Nice! How did you happen upon those brakes? Didn't even know they were an option.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Nice! How did you happen upon those brakes? Didn't even know they were an option.
They weren't and as far as I know aren't just yet. I've worked with @Brucecris for a long time developing my wheels and we just sorta became good friends. We both thought Rotora was too expensive for what you get and wished racing brake did a rear caliper. He did some research and came up with an option and we both ordered up some sets. There are some teething issues for sure so I'm not sure if SuperForged is going to make them an official offering yet but they work perfect.

Explorer ST Posts