Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Ordered new parts:
  • New Lethal lowering springs (they finally restocked on the revised springs).
  • New AFE Tower Brace (tried going the used route to no avail).
I'll provide before and after pics once I install them. Not sure if I'll do the springs, will have to access.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Ordered new parts:
  • New Lethal lowering springs (they finally restocked on the revised springs).
  • New AFE Tower Brace (tried going the used route to no avail).
I'll provide before and after pics once I install them. Not sure if I'll do the springs, will have to access.

====Quick Update====
  • Unfortunately, same day i purchased the revised springs I was incorrectly told they were already instock. I have to wait 2 more weeks before i get new Lethal springs on hand, what's another 2 weeks.
  • AFE Tower Brace arrived quickly shortly after i ordered, it has since been installed. You can feel the difference with the aftermarket tower brace in comparison to the crappy OEM part. Very well packaged

Attachments

Draco-REX

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
====Quick Update====
  • Unfortunately, same day i purchased the revised springs I was incorrectly told they were already instock. I have to wait 2 more weeks before i get new Lethal springs on hand, what's another 2 weeks.
  • AFE Tower Brace arrived quickly shortly after i ordered, it has since been installed. You can feel the difference with the aftermarket tower brace in comparison to the crappy OEM part. Very well packaged
What did they revise? I'm deciding on what springs to get and this may steer me closer to Lethal's springs.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
What did they revise? I'm deciding on what springs to get and this may steer me closer to Lethal's springs.
Hey there @Draco-REX from reading these forums several individuals reported the previous Lethal springs developed an annoying squeaky sound over time. @Cajun Heat (naming here) Cajuan has piloted the newly revised aka (2.0) springs which Lethal's spring vendor course corrected and no longer notices the squeaks. It's good to know LP took the corrective actions in addressing the matter. Hope this answers your questions but, CajunHeat can add more color since he's been more involved.

Draco-REX

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hey there @Draco-REX from reading these forums several individuals reported the previous Lethal springs developed an annoying squeaky sound over time. @Cajun Heat (naming here) Cajuan has piloted the newly revised aka (2.0) springs which Lethal's spring vendor course corrected and no longer notices the squeaks. It's good to know LP took the corrective actions in addressing the matter. Hope this answers your questions but, CajunHeat can add more color since he's been more involved.
Thanks. I like how low the Lethals are, but for the towing I do I should probably choose the Steedas.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Put the ST on the rack in the garage at 10:41pm, finished the removal and install of the Thermal 3" at 11:47pm. Fixed the misaligned tips the following morning. Hands down the best exhaust for this thing. Fitment was flawless, except I wish the muffler hangers were a tad shorter to bring the tips closer to the rear valence.
1000017062.jpg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks. I like how low the Lethals are, but for the towing I do I should probably choose the Steedas.
The issue with Lethal wasn’t just the occasional squeak that can be attributed to something as simple as the coil not being seated perfectly in the LCA but the fact that the measured drop was all over the place. There was very little consistency early on. As far as how low they sit…I’ve only seen one car that measured as low as mine in original H&R’s. Literally every other car that’s was checked sat higher.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I haven't towed at all with the LP springs. Still enjoying the lowered stance, now without the noise issues.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Have you measured your rears axle center to wheel lip by chance? Thanks! Jim
Just went out and checked again, 17" Front and 17.5" rear, from center axle.

Reactions
Just went out and checked again, 17" Front and 17.5" rear, from center axle.
Thanks! I’m at 18” with the originals no squeaks or rattles. Probably too lazy to change for 1/2 inch. Thanks again! Jim

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks! I’m at 18” with the originals no squeaks or rattles. Probably too lazy to change for 1/2 inch. Thanks again! Jim
My H&R’s are 17” front and rear.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I know but you have about a ton of audio in the rear!
Lol. Thanks!
All audio weight in the rear was offset by the removal of other things…spare tire, jack, interior panels, sub enclosure, factory amp, etc.
Not to mention all audio gear was chosen with weight in mind. That’s why I used Baltic Birch for the enclosure. Also my subs are just shy of 10.5lbs each. My total added weight to the whole car is less than 100 lbs front to rear.

Reactions
All audio weight in the rear was offset by the removal of other things…spare tire, jack, interior panels, sub enclosure, factory amp, etc.
Not to mention all audio gear was chosen with weight in mind. That’s why I used Baltic Birch for the enclosure. Also my subs are just shy of 10.5lbs each. My total added weight to the whole car is less than 100 lbs front to rear.
Only kidding my friend!!

Reactions
Only kidding my friend!!
At 71 yrs old I don’t do things as fast as I used to. I remember reading a post a day or so someone calling you an old Geezer! I’m the old geezer! Love your build!

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST