Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
It's complete overkill with the LED bulbs in the factory housing
Hey Boosted - which option did you buy? (C1 or C1R)?

Is yours 0nly reverse? or does yours also work with braking?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Hey Boosted - which option did you buy? (C1 or C1R)?

Is yours 0nly reverse? or does yours also work with braking?
I bought the C1 and am happy with it. I don’t think a brake light that low would do much good. The C1 provides backup and running light (one or the other at a time).

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Got my screen / Build 22251 issue fixed today. Dealer replaced the APIM. I'm out of warranty but I didn't have to pay too much. Build 22251 loaded at 36100 miles, by 36200 miles I was having all the issues. Dealer spoke with Ford, and they agreed to pay 80% of the $1500 charge. The dealer waived the $200 diagnostic fee, and put that towards the bull. So I was only out $100.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Got my screen / Build 22251 issue fixed today. Dealer replaced the APIM. I'm out of warranty but I didn't have to pay too much. Build 22251 loaded at 36100 miles, by 36200 miles I was having all the issues. Dealer spoke with Ford, and they agreed to pay 80% of the $1500 charge. The dealer waived the $200 diagnostic fee, and put that towards the bull. So I was only out $100.
Curious what build is on that new APIM. $100 is not bad for the latest hardware/firmware. Hopefully not the latest Sync, lol.

hbalek

Reactions
That's what I would be charged under my $100 deductible ESP. I'm still gonna wait and see. I don't want to have to take it in every 6 months if the software is still bad.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Curious what build is on that new APIM. $100 is not bad for the latest hardware/firmware. Hopefully not the latest Sync, lol.
It's build 22251. :confused: I'll checl all the other versions. The service advisor knows about this issue, and knows 22251 is causing issues not just on Explorers. I have Auto Updates off, but hoping going to the new 23018 I've seen is ok.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
That's what I would be charged under my $100 deductible ESP. I'm still gonna wait and see. I don't want to have to take it in every 6 months if the software is still bad.
Service advisor said Ford knows about the 22251 issue and is working on it, but a new APIM is the only solution now.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
@Jeppo @BooSTedExplorer21 installed the Diode Hitchmount Reverse led and performs outstanding especially when paired with HSF leds. Super easy install no more than 10min. Thank you for the idea.

No errors and nor unexpected behavior.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Installed the no drill hood lift struts, ordered from Amazon after watching youtube vids. Easy install 15min hardest part was fishing the nut to thread.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Installed the no drill hood lift struts, ordered from Amazon after watching youtube vids. Easy install 15min hardest part was fishing the nut to thread.
My 2003 Mini Cooper came with these from the factory. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
My 2003 Mini Cooper came with these from the factory. :ROFLMAO:
I gotta tell ya! $60K Explorer for something so minimal to be excluded from the factory. Maybe this was covid (cost watching) and trim fat where needed. 2x Bolts ...."nah, do one". Hood struts....."nah, give em the pole instead".

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Thanks for posting this. I found them on Amazon and I‘m tempted. One thing I wondered about is why they didn’t use something like a toggle bolt for attachment to the hood. That would eliminate the hassle of trying to fish the nut around blindly.

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Can you post a link for them?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I fitted my Black ST badges from the ST SUV Experience in Ashville yesterday :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I saw way back a conversation where one vender said we could lift our ST max 2.5” and all discussions ended from that point on.

Stupid question, have we given up on lifted ST’s? I just crawled over a downed tree yesterday during the storm that hit the East Coast with my daily KO2s and I feel inspired.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I saw way back a conversation where one vender said we could lift our ST max 2.5” and all discussions ended from that point on.

Stupid question, have we given up on lifted ST’s? I just crawled over a downed tree yesterday during the storm that hit the East Coast with my daily KO2s and I feel inspired.
traxdaliftkits.com

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Today I installed PUI rear shocks, the stock ones blew out at about 17k miles with oil everywhere and thumping noises going over bumps. It's so much better now!