Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Bummer...at least your troubles are all behind you now, put them in your rearview mirror.

Reactions
Wife calls and says "we have a problem"... I'm like crap... what's wrong what's wrong???..... "we have a dit dit noise"
I said a WHAT??? She sends me a video.... I'm sure you ran over something lol.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions
At least it isn't on the side wall.
I just replaced a tire due to nail in the side wall and cost me over $500 CAD.
These tires are not cheap!

Reactions
Finally got the Steeda springs installed today.

Springs_Before&After.jpg
Stock is the top photo, it's not the easiest to see the difference in these, but the front wheel gap shows it for sure

hbalek

Reactions
Wife calls and says "we have a problem"... I'm like crap... what's wrong what's wrong???..... "we have a dit dit noise"
I said a WHAT??? She sends me a video.... I'm sure you ran over something lol.

I've had 3 of those in less than 2 years. First was near sidewall and had to be replaced under road hazard warranty at just 4,000 miles. The last 2 in the past 5 months. One was plugged and the one this week I had to buy for over $300 at the dealer. UGH! 20,000 miles and 3 tire punctures!

Reactions
I've had 3 of those in less than 2 years. First was near sidewall and had to be replaced under road hazard warranty at just 4,000 miles. The last 2 in the past 5 months. One was plugged and the one this week I had to buy for over $300 at the dealer. UGH! 20,000 miles and 3 tire punctures!
Yeah we see them all day long!

Reactions
I also received a set of these black “ST” badges from the ST Experience. What are they for? No one talked about them...just found them in the backpack when we got home?

Please advise. Thanks.

Reactions
I also received a set of these black “ST” badges from the ST Experience. What are they for? No one talked about them...just found them in the backpack when we got home?

Please advise. Thanks.
Replacing your stock red badges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
The black ST badges indicate that you have attended the ST Experience.

Reactions
I Ordered the AFe CAI and about to order the FenFab downpipes. I really want an exhaust on it but wife said she doesn't want it loud. So may just try the downpipes with stock exhaust and then change out the factory tips. Oh well she doesn't want it really modded but its her vehicle. I just bought a low mile TBSS to play with so I have another AWD to mess with.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
5F316018-8D66-4043-AD79-B2C6522A1B43.jpeg E3CCCBFC-0CE6-4F37-A291-39C82FAB6EEC.jpeg

I never liked the plastic tabs to hook the cargo divider to. There is already a lower tie down..just repaced the tabs up above.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I Ordered the AFe CAI and about to order the FenFab downpipes. I really want an exhaust on it but wife said she doesn't want it loud. So may just try the downpipes with stock exhaust and then change out the factory tips. Oh well she doesn't want it really modded but its her vehicle. I just bought a low mile TBSS to play with so I have another AWD to mess with.
the downpipes will obliterate the stock mesh flex pipes within weeks so you will need to replace at least those while you are messing with the exhaust

Staggie

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Swapped out my ST badges today while the weather was nice. E5FE01D3-FA21-4FF9-93B3-A55825633896.jpeg
AB48DFCD-1DEB-42A9-88A4-7DE325A66660.jpeg

Reactions
the downpipes will obliterate the stock mesh flex pipes within weeks so you will need to replace at least those while you are messing with the exhaust
Now she's changed her mind on that too.... so I just ordered a custom cam for my TBSS lol.

Reactions
Oh really..I'm getting the common rattle from the stock flex pipes and waiting on SPD downpipes to ship which should hopefully be today.
I want to change out the stock flex pipes as is so you're saying once the DP's are on the rattling noise will get even worse?
I found new mesh flex pipes from Vibrant..anyone use these?

Part #: 62706
Description: Standard Flex Coupling w/ Inner Braid Liner, 2.25" I.D. x 6.00" Long

Option 2:
Part #: 62708
Description: Standard Flex Coupling w/ Inner Braid Liner, 2.25" I.D. x 8.00" Long

Reactions
Took delivery yesterday afternoon and didn’t do a proper inspection … my coworker (he has a 2020 XLT) spotted the no roof rail molding was popping up on the right rear. ‍:mad: 44B8C09F-1F50-4EC9-9E89-62B9E89D913E.jpeg
79F51685-052A-40F4-96BC-C414AA0916F3.jpeg

Tried to bang it back in and ended up with this … red arrows are where the clips broke, the broken clips fell when I opened the trunk. I was wondering what the hell was on my driveway floor this morning.
Purple is a clip that broke off that I tried to gorilla glue back in, but it snapped off again when I tried to install the piece.
C80D0B5B-439D-4A64-84AF-9C7CC8474E02.jpeg
I ended up using zip ties to tie the piece (thru the holes) to the base of the right trunk strut.o_O

Reactions
Also, right side no roof rail molding was loose in the middle. I used a plastic pry bar to get it onto the little clips.
5BA54D16-048C-4705-BCB6-7E23EB232268.jpeg

Reactions
Dealer would not fix? Seems really close to delivery and not an easy place to damage. Just wondering.