Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Placed some black covers on my chrome lugs nuts. Will get some black lug nuts later. Wanted to see how it looked. Like it. Dressed up the engine compartment a little bit.

Attachments

Reactions
I have installed the front and rear Ford splash guards, and the Ford side deflectors. It is great that they are low profile, and they seem to blend in well. No one else makes them for the '20 or '21 Explorer.
No one else makes what for the Explorer? EBay and Amazon sell both for the ST at about half the Ford cost. Weather Tech sells both at about the same cost.

motormac

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
No one else makes what for the Explorer? EBay and Amazon sell both for the ST at about half the Ford cost. Weather Tech sells both at about the same cost.
My mistake. The splash guards are available at many locations, as well as the side deflectors. Thank you for your input.

Reactions
Excuse the mess, I haven’t had time to clean since catching Covid.. these arrived and I installed them this morning. Wanted something different than what everyone else ordered.
I had to return the alum amazon ones b/c my right foot is too intense and knocked the pedal cover off several times lol. Where'd you get these and are they grippy enough if you shoe is wet?

Reactions
I've waited 3 weeks and counting for warranty cam phaser replacement. Hopefully next week last part was supposedly delivered yesterday.

Reactions
I have added the auto start stop eliminator, and turned off the double beep, turned off the noise fake engine noise, enabled ANC and turned on the fogs with high beams.

Next own my list is an exhaust system, and then enjoy the vehicle for awhile.

Reactions
Did an oil change to Amsoil Signature 5w30 and an Amsoil filter. Also installed the UPR oil drain plug. My factory drain plug was loose, not tightened to the detents. I saw lots of video's of people having to use a small screwdriver to get their factory plug over the detent... mine never made it there from the factory...

Also the Amsoil filter was marked as "made in China" which is disappointing and I have an email into my sponsoring dealer to ask about that. I was not aware that Amsoil made any filters in China... Not sure I will use one in the future when a Wix is half or less the cost.

Reactions
Did an oil change to Amsoil Signature 5w30 and an Amsoil filter. Also installed the UPR oil drain plug. My factory drain plug was loose, not tightened to the detents. I saw lots of video's of people having to use a small screwdriver to get their factory plug over the detent... mine never made it there from the factory...

Also the Amsoil filter was marked as "made in China" which is disappointing and I have an email into my sponsoring dealer to ask about that. I was not aware that Amsoil made any filters in China... Not sure I will use one in the future when a Wix is half or less the cost.
How is the upr plug? I saw there were two different versions of it, which one did you go with?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
One of the UPR plugs is simply an ornate screw in plug with a metal loop on the end. It’s nice looking but pretty much the same thing as the plastic OE plug albeit easy to grab. The other one is the plug that stays in the pan and just has a valve that opens up. You can attach a 1/2” ID hose to this type and I think is the plug most think about when considering a UPR plug.

Reactions
How is the upr plug? I saw there were two different versions of it, which one did you go with?
As Gearhead_1 says, I got the plug you leave in that you turn in the blue piece with the hose nipple on it. SUPER high quality machine work.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Went in today with Forscan and disabled the Double Honk and enabled the fog lamps as corner lights with the turn signals.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
@John Henry How is the screen protector when it comes to sensitivity.