Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What can explorer st handle

Reactions
All,

My 2022 is on order.
I plan on having some fun with this car and around 1000 to 2000 miles I'll start making it faster. This car may see the drag strip once a year just to up set some people on how fast it is for an suv.
I have a hellcat that I usually race. I don't worry as much about that as it is a purpose build race car.
My question is are people seeing stock components hold up to launches at the strip? At what power level is everyone seeing the trans hold up to. Trans is my biggest worry. I think I'll start with a e85 tune on stock fuel system and keep boost low until I can get a whipple intercooler and then maybe play with e50 and turn boost up.
I need to do some more research on the pump upgrade to turn boost up on e85 and see how plug and play that is.

Reactions
All the info you need is in this forum and a trip down the Rabbit Hole away. Mid 11s on stock block and internals with bolt-ons and a tune. Built transmission would be a plus.