Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Brand of Gas?

Reactions
Just would like to know what brand of Gas everyone is using. I presently am using Mobil...but was thinking of switching to Shell. Any Thoughts?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Any of the major stations or unbranded stations using Top Tier gas will be fine...you won’t notice a difference. It’s largely all coming from the same storage terminals anyway...branded additives are added to the fuel as it’s loaded from the bulk tanks into the delivery trucks.

Reactions
Whatever I can steal from the city bus[shhh]

I'm not picky when it comes to brand, I just make sure I use 93.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
We use mostly Quick Trip, either regular or mid-grade. Never had a problem with either octane, although I top it off with premium if I'm planning on using the right pedal a lot.

Reactions
Petro Canada Ultra 94 + BOOSTane Shot

Reactions
The gas available at stations doing large fuel sales are the best, no matter the brand. I use the highest octane available at these places.

Reactions
BP 93 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Wawa 93, have used the same gas station every time expect from when the dealer filled it up ( which they put 93 in as requested )

Reactions
Shell for me... top tier and being a rewards member saves 5 cents a gallon every time.

Reactions
Chevron in all my vehicles. 91 for the ST and Race truck, 87 for the F150 and ranger.

Reactions
Shell has been the best in my mustang. Knock sensors often add timing with Shell's 91 V-power but pull timing with Chevron's 94 octane according to my data logs.
Shell's 91 octane in Canada has the same RON octane number (99 RON) as shell's 93 in the states does.