Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Brake upgrades are available for stock wheel size?

Reactions
are there any that are worthwhile?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
There are a couple depending what you're looking for. If you search brake upgrades or big brakes there are tons of write ups on people that have installed them. Are you running the Street Pack with the 21" wheels? What are you looking to get out of the upgrade?

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
looking for some fade resistance and an ability to run stock wheels, no huge upgrade, but enough to matter

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Looking for upgrade on street driving, towing, racing?

If just street then you could up your game on the pads. Any other 'upgrades' you're talking about a brake kit, then you're talking a huge upgrade.

Do you have the street pack with the upgraded pads and wheels? Don't know if your'e going to see much of a diff to matter without goin for a full conversion. Again depends on what wheel and brake package you have.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
are there any that are worthwhile?
Every single one is available on the stock wheel. gt350 brake swap, gt500 brake swap, trackhawk brake swap, Rotora brake kit, and super forged brake kit.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Every single one is available on the stock wheel. gt350 brake swap, gt500 brake swap, trackhawk brake swap, Rotora brake kit, and super forged brake kit.
Some of those will require spacers though.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I'm looking for a mild upgrade, dont really think I need it just want it, dont want to buy new wheels or use spacers, would like it to fit on the PIU wheels too

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I'm looking for a mild upgrade, dont really think I need it just want it, dont want to buy new wheels or use spacers, would like it to fit on the PIU wheels too
Superbugs and Rotora brakes don’t require new wheels but won’t fit with PIUs wheels. Only brake upgrade with PIU wheels would be a simple rotor and pad upgrade with stainless steel brake lines.