Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Welp im a new owner!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 FORD Explorer ST
Just want to start off by saying Hello, I was lurking last night for about 4 hours, reading and I have to say I'm very impressed with this crowd.

Very intelligent, informative, and for the most part respectful. As of yesterday May 25th 2024 I own a 2020 Explorer ST. Got it for a good deal, traded in my Escalade and she only has 21k miles. And it came with a new Traeger lol.

I look forward to my future with this ST, and getting the mods rolling in.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

OP
SparxX
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 FORD Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Welcome, You picked a good one, nothing was deleted like my 23'.

OP
SparxX
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 FORD Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Welcome, You picked a good one, nothing was deleted like my 23'.
Yah it was owned by an older couple, can't wait to get started. I'm a gear head and always have had go fast stuff but this is my 1st family hauler that has potential for me to have some fun.

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SparxX
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 FORD Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
:cool:

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Just want to start off by saying Hello, I was lurking last night for about 4 hours, reading and I have to say I'm very impressed with this crowd.

Very intelligent, informative, and for the most part respectful. As of yesterday May 25th 2024 I own a 2020 Explorer ST. Got it for a good deal, traded in my Escalade and she only has 21k miles. And it came with a new Traeger lol.

Congrats and welcome!
Yah it was owned by an older couple, can't wait to get started. I'm a gear head and always have had go fast stuff but this is my 1st family hauler that has potential for me to have some fun.
Yes these platforms have crazy capabilities.

OP
SparxX
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 FORD Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
Yah just bought S&B Intake, I love the look of the fenfab, very pretty but can't convince the wife 980.00 is a solid spend after buying this thing yesterday

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Yah just bought S&B Intake, I love the look of the fenfab, very pretty but can't convince the wife 980.00 is a solid spend after buying this thing yesterday
Well other than looks S&B isn’t worth it either.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I imagine you are lucky enough to have the 4 bolt rear differential?

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome!

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

I know you will enjoy the new ST and hopefully your family will benefit from the new Traeger.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Welcome!!

OP
SparxX
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 FORD Explorer ST
Thread Starter #16
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

I know you will enjoy the new ST and hopefully your family will benefit from the new Traeger.
Thanks, so far so good!

OP
SparxX
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 FORD Explorer ST
Thread Starter #17
Well other than looks S&B isn’t worth it either.
Interesting, what direction would you have pointed me had I posted a thread asking?

OP
SparxX
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 FORD Explorer ST
Thread Starter #18
Interesting, what direction would you have pointed me had I posted a thread asking?
Afe isn't my
I imagine you are lucky enough to have the 4 bolt rear differential?

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome!
Solid question bud, I will jump under it this weekend when I put her on the lift. What am I looking for?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
It is very well documented, all around the forum, an intake is not worth it for the price that it costs. There are barely any performance gains.

OP
SparxX
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 FORD Explorer ST
Thread Starter #20
It is very well documented, all around the forum, an intake is not worth it for the price that it costs. There are barely any performance gains.
Ahh yah I can understand what your saying.

As far as the threads I did read I seen where some fellers actually took the time to look at flows on a more of a mathematics side of things and if I read it all correctly the S&B had the best flow. Now being a fabrication guy my self I have respect for the fenfab stuff. And the look is pretty nice. However having my passenger side intake pipe go accross to drivers side seems kinda meh.
My twins on my chev take air from the least point of resistance, straight fwd to the grill

Explorer ST Posts