Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Welcome to the Explorer ST Forum, please post an introduction

JhnE24

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello everyone, I'm John from LA, Calif. Just wanted to get ideas and see what others are doing to there Explorer. I got the Whipple intercooler, Borla cat-back S type exhaust, Ford Pro Cal 93 tune, and lowered onto Steeda springs with the rear sway bar along with the front tower brace. Waiting for the AFE cold-air to get the CA CARB (BS) certification to add that too. Are you guys looking to add more than those items?
Thanks

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello everyone, I'm John from LA, Calif. Just wanted to get ideas and see what others are doing to there Explorer. I got the Whipple intercooler, Borla cat-back S type exhaust, Ford Pro Cal 93 tune, and lowered onto Steeda springs with the rear sway bar along with the front tower brace. Waiting for the AFE cold-air to get the CA CARB (BS) certification to add that too. Are you guys looking to add more than those items?
Thanks
Congrats and welcome John.

Looks like you are well on your way an the mod list. It all depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hello everybody, my name is Jack and I'm a proud owner of a 2020 Explorer ST. I'm a professional automotive performance fabricator of 18 years, currently working for Hellhorse Performance building twin turbo kits for the 2015+ Mustang GT's. I plan to develop some parts for the ST as the market seems somewhat thin. My first plan is a nice catch can. However, I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello everybody, my name is Jack and I'm a proud owner of a 2020 Explorer ST. I'm a professional automotive performance fabricator of 18 years, currently working for Hellhorse Performance building twin turbo kits for the 2015+ Mustang GT's. I plan to develop some parts for the ST as the market seems somewhat thin. My first plan is a nice catch can. However, I'm open to other suggestions as well.
Hey Jack. Congrats on the ST and welcome to the forum.

Timba

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hello everyone, My name is Tim and I'm a new member, located in South Jerz... I purchased my 20 ST used as a lease turn in last year . I love it, has all the options except the infotainment package which is fine with me. Only problem (other than the blue screen back up camera) was with my transmission. I was driving home from work and it felt like it popped into neutral and redlined... Pulled over and managed to get it to move in manual mode only and got it move in 2nd gear, drove 35 miles home at 55 mph in 2nd! Had it towed into the Holman Ford dealer I purchased it from. They rebuilt the transmission within 3 weeks & covered my rental.While it was in they fixed the blue screen camera issue. Other than that Its been a blast. No mods as of yet other than front window tint.

Attachments

Last edited:

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Good morning everyone. My name is Ty. I’m originally a New Yorker but I currently reside in NJ. I’m coming to an end on a 2021 Durango GT lease. A few weeks ago I placed an order for a 2025 ST. I’ve been enjoying the threads for the last few days and realized I haven’t introduced myself. I look forward to being a part of this forum and communicaring with you all.

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thanks
Welcome John, looks like you got the right color.

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hello everyone, My name is Tim and I'm a new member, located in South Jerz... I purchased my 20 ST used as a lease turn in last year . I love it, has all the options except the infotainment package which is fine with me. Only problem (other than the blue screen back up camera) was with my transmission. I was driving home from work and it felt like it popped into neutral and redlined... Pulled over and managed to get it to move in manual mode only and got it move in 2nd gear, drove 35 miles home at 55 mph in 2nd! Had it towed into the Holman Ford dealer I purchased it from. They rebuilt the transmission within 3 weeks & covered my rental.While it was in they fixed the blue screen camera issue. Other than that Its been a blast. No mods as of yet other than front window tint.
Welcome Tim, sorry to hear you had tran issues. Mine is trimmed out just like yours. Loving it as well.

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Good morning everyone. My name is Ty. I’m originally a New Yorker but I currently reside in NJ. I’m coming to an end on a 2021 Durango GT lease. A few weeks ago I placed an order for a 2025 ST. I’ve been enjoying the threads for the last few days and realized I haven’t introduced myself. I look forward to being a part of this forum and communicaring with you all.
Welcome Ty, Once you get you ST, you have to let us know your thoughts on the differences between the two.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard @Timba and @Fly Ty

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Welcome Tim.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum Ty.

mcjee1101

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
New guy here. I pick up my 3.0L ST tomorrow. Traded in my much loved Flex. I love these Forums and look forward to hearing the ST Tales.
Heya! I'm new here too and just traded in my black on grey 2016 Flex Limited for a black on black 2024 Explorer ST last week.

Candidly: I am very happy with the ST but I miss the Flex a little. When I saw the dealer listing pop up for the Flex I traded I felt almost like I had abandoned a beloved pet at the pound! It's silly. I know it takes time to get used to a new ride after 8 years.

Anyway, very happy to be here and I'm appreciating everyone's posts, Not even 600 miles on the OD and the ST already has that 2nd row rattle at the base where the seats are installed. Thanks to y'all: at least I know what it is and how to fix it. Thanks everybody for your contributions!!

Explorer ST Posts