Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Weathertech Rain Guard - Side Deflectors are now available!

KegsBdry

Reactions
Got the email today from Weathertech. The Rain Guard - Side Window Deflectors are now available for the ST.

Only a year after the Front Window Deflectors were made!

4B901DCB-E1E0-409F-9860-53DEF190E8C7.jpeg

If you call Weathertech, they’ll give you free shipping because we’ve waited so long for them to show up. But you have to order it over the phone, not the website to get that deal.

*edit: updated the year

Last edited:

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Cool. But in fairness to them, its only been a year.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Cool. But in fairness to them, its only been a year.
I looked at my history. I’ve been in communication with them since 2020 to get these to launch. I did order my front ones a year ago, I’ll update my listing. Thanks.

rnc

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I looked at my history. I’ve been in communication with them since 2020 to get these to launch. I did order my front ones a year ago, I’ll update my listing. Thanks.
Did you have any fit or window open/close issues with the fronts?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
They fit perfectly. Made in Germany IIRC. Just don't install these in cold temperature or they will crack on the edges. Once they are installed and settle in, no issues with cold weather. Bought mine last January.

rnc

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
They fit perfectly. Made in Germany IIRC. Just don't install these in cold temperature or they will crack on the edges. Once they are installed and settle in, no issues with cold weather. Bought mine last January.
Thanks so much for the review.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
No. They fit perfect. And they don’t leak (like the ones that go on the outside of the window)! So it’s a win win.

You have to leave them overnight (i typically don’t open my window for a few days to ensure they are set in)

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Got the email today from Weathertech. The Rain Guard - Side Window Deflectors are now available for the ST.

Only a year after the Front Window Deflectors were made!

View attachment 16165

If you call Weathertech, they’ll give you free shipping because we’ve waited so long for them to show up. But you have to order it over the phone, not the website to get that deal.

*edit: updated the year
lol of course. I returned my weathertech guards last month when I found out that Goodyear provided front AND side in-channel window guards. Would've preferred to stick with weathertech.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thanks for the heads-up. Ordered

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Had them in about a week. Might pull them out. Wind gets up under them at highway speeds. Fine for around town but at higher speeds maybe too much noise.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Had them in about a week. Might pull them out. Wind gets up under them at highway speeds. Fine for around town but at higher speeds maybe too much noise.
Interesting, the Goodyear rear-side ones don’t make any noise, in fact, they’re significantly more quiet than the front ones when the window is cracked at highway speeds. HOWEVER, they were a b**** to get properly installed without the window catching.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #12
It's usually a dance between cracking front & back windows with the sunroof to get the perfect amount of pressure/noise. The is a sweet spot...

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
It's usually a dance between cracking front & back windows with the sunroof to get the perfect amount of pressure/noise. The is a sweet spot...
Too much work

92onward

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Anyone got pics of what they actually look like on the vehicle?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Same. Interested in pics

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Damn, these are a no go then for me.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
yup, with the window down, there's a lot of wind noise--so much so, I've been thinking of removing them and rethinking the trade off Plus, I don't think they look good on the car.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Damn, these are a no go then for me.
Yeah, I pulled them out after only about a week. As I said, at highway speeds wind seems to get under them.