Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Warranty issue when adding aftermarket exhaust or intercooler?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I know that they say as long as they can't connect the damage to the part installed and I also hear they can and will blame any damage due to adding an aftermarket exhaust. For example, internal engine damage or transmission failure or chassie issue,ect. Anyone have issues with warranty when rollin up at a dealer for a warranty job related to drivetrain? What kind of mods have some of you done and had warranty work?

Reactions
Vehicle
2x 2023 Explorer STs
I've yet to have any issues with my 23 and it has a Thermal 3in kit. Its been to the dealer twice for work with no issues. My dealer seems to be mod friendly but there is always a risk especially if the aftermarket part contributed to the issue.

sdreefer619

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 EXPLORER ST
THERE NEEDS TO BE A CORRELATION TO THE FAILURE IF THAT MAKES SENSE.INTERCOOLER SHOULD BE OK. ITS WHEN YOU GET INTO THE BOV AND WASTEGATE UPGRADES AND CAI THAT REALLY SUCK DUSTING THE ENGINE.