Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wanting to change out my MBRP exhaust

tim721

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I recently bought my '21 ST pre-loved with a few miles on it. Previous owner put on a MBRP cat back exhaust.

I like the sound but my wife doesn't. I'm looking to trade someone for an OEM quieter exhaust. I'd like to keep the larger exhaust tips on it but change out everything else.

Let me know if you want to meet up at a shop to swap. I'm in north Jersey.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
You're going to have a problem with a one-for-one swap on the exhaust tips. Factory tips are two tips, that essentially point down (hole in the bottom of the chrome tip) coming directly out of the muffler. The MBRP as I remember are a split Y-Pipe dual coming out of a single exit.

Reactions
The MBRP has a simple x-pipe in place of a center resonator, if you have a decent muffler shop near you they can put a good x-flow muffer in place of that x-pipe. Just another option if you can't find anything.

OP
T

tim721

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Thread Starter #4
good to know, thank you both for the info

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Plenty of people with 4" exhaust tips on the OE muffler. Just cut off the fake tips. The two pipes out of the muffler are 2" in diameter. You just need to step up to whatever size inlet your tips are.