Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Voodoo just dropped a intercooler w/BOV and intake?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Haven’t seen anything. I’m sure Daren would have it blasted all over his FB page…are you sure it’s not old pics of the crap they built for him?

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Haven’t seen anything. I’m sure Daren would have it blasted all over his FB page…are you sure it’s not old pics of the crap they built for him?
Link I saw was from a 2020 FB post

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I couldn't see contents of the link- that was all I could find with google detective work. OP should update.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I was on the phone with Matt at Voodoo a few days ago and he didn’t mention anything. I do know they are talking about an exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
IconicSTallion
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I saw the video on youtube. For some odd reason they have removed the video.
All I know is:
1. First ever double in and double out intercooler. (Instead of the oe intercooler aftermarket upgrade with just one inlet and one outlet.)
2. Pipes is made out of metal possibly (can be color coated if desired) and has a charge pipe with a BOV.
3. Has a cold air intake option (video states the first ever made by them for the explorer st) also is color coated.

so does this intercooler possible cool out the competition due they understand the heat soak issues with the explorer st?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That’s just Daren posting the stuff Voodoo made for him years ago. It’s not anything that’s available to buy unless you take your car to them. That was very early on with the ST platform….there’s proven things on the market that you actually can buy from Whipple, FenFab and a new CAI is coming from AFe here in the next month or so.
Don’t get sucked into the things he posts in that group…he reposts old stuff all the time to keep views up. His car hasn’t even ran in probably close to a year.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That’s just Daren posting the stuff Voodoo made for him years ago. It’s not anything that’s available to buy unless you take your car to them. That was very early on with the ST platform….there’s proven things on the market that you actually can buy from Whipple, FenFab and a new CAI is coming from AFe here in the next month or so.
Don’t get sucked into the things he posts in that group…he reposts old stuff all the time to keep views up. His car hasn’t even ran in probably close to a year.
Just curious, what happened to the car?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just curious, what happened to the car?
Something broke, possibly the flex plate, and spit the whole transmission and 1/2 the block out onto the street. Of course he said he was driving like an idiot with his wife and kid in the car when it happened…I’ve lost all respect for that guy. He pinned the blame on the flex plate and had some built that he’s ripping people for a grand each on…they shouldn’t be more than 200 bucks.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Good to know. Thanks for the answer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I called Voodoo a bit ago, just to get quotes on a Whipple IC install. I asked about this setup and they said it is available but would be built to order. So it sounds like it's available if you're here in Orange County.

Reactions
Same MO again, I gifted my Whipple to Tyler FOC (yes FOC) Ask Adam about the Voodoo IC, he’ll give you the details. Yes, they built this for me over a year ago, they have several installed and have only recently got to a position where they can meet demand. They have a year waiting list for work!!

I love how you call it crap with zero facts or knowledge of the results. Yes, I held that back 18mths ago for market reasons which you clearly won’t acknowledge….

Reactions
Something broke, possibly the flex plate, and spit the whole transmission and 1/2 the block out onto the street. Of course he said he was driving like an idiot with his wife and kid in the car when it happened…I’ve lost all respect for that guy. He pinned the blame on the flex plate and had some built that he’s ripping people for a grand each on…they shouldn’t be more than 200 bucks.
So for the record, having upgraded to the first Pure 700 turbos, XDI HPFP60 and one of the few running 50% increase on injectors, along with IC and the first CAI on the market. We did one of the first Level10 trans overhauls. The Flexplate let go in a spectacular way. And yes Richard, we were pushing hard (again, ask Adam!!) There was no Flexplate available and regardless of the Covid BS aside, no-one is making a “one off” Flexplate for $200 and no one was thinking about developing one without demand! (Remember your posts about K&N releasing a CAI over a year ago, what happened to that?!? They used my ST and gave up on it!!!)

I paid Don a ton of cash to make me a number of plates. (As it was cheaper than just 1 knowing a select few would want them) Took 7mths, yes 7mths during Covid lock down!!!

Level10, who warranted my build wouldn’t return the new trans till I addressed the Flexplate. JDM literally announced the plate after one conversation with Don, offering pre-orders for something they can’t deliver for 3-4mths and I’m the bad man?!? Let me know when folks get the first plate for $200 this month. I will literally send them a check to cover that!

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Have you ever made a post anywhere that wasn’t patting yourself on the back?
Go back in your hole, Daren…nobody cares what you did 18 months ago.

Reactions
Have you ever made a post anywhere that wasn’t patting yourself on the back?
Go back in your hole, Daren…nobody cares what you did 18 months ago.
What have you contributed in the last 24,
12 or 6mths, 6weeks or 6days apart from grief?

Some wide tires, maybe a spring setup and an over priced audio that dulls out that shit exhaust?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
LOL…at least my exhaust didn’t break in half on a road trip like your Voodoo exhaust did. lol