Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Vinyl Work Finally Complete

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I have had the roof and C-Pillars done since day 1 of ownership and the hood done in forged vinyl for about 6 months now. Finally got around to finishing everything off and it came out quite well I think.

Total rundown of work: gloss black roof, shark fin, and c-pillars, matte/gloss emblem overlays, yellow fogs, blacked out rear bumper markers, forged carbon hood, side view mirror caps, front splitter, rear fascia, side stripes, interior trim, and steering wheel. Damn... thats alot of plastic... IMG_1902.JPG IMG_1387.JPG IMG_2126.JPG IMG_2124.JPG IMG_2125.JPG IMG_2123.JPG IMG_2122.JPG

Reactions
I have had the roof and C-Pillars done since day 1 of ownership and the hood done in forged vinyl for about 6 months now. Finally got around to finishing everything off and it came out quite well I think.

Total rundown of work: gloss black roof, shark fin, and c-pillars, matte/gloss emblem overlays, yellow fogs, blacked out rear bumper markers, forged carbon hood, side view mirror caps, front splitter, rear fascia, side stripes, interior trim, and steering wheel. Damn... thats alot of plastic... View attachment 7996 View attachment 7997 View attachment 7998 View attachment 7999 View attachment 8000 View attachment 8002 View attachment 8003
Looks amazing! How long would you expect the wrap material to last on the exterior? I’m not familiar with the material but very interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #4
Depends on how much you are in the sun, quality of vinyl, and surface prep but I’ve had some wraps last 5 years and others maybe 2. Different colors last different lengths too. The tech is for sure getting better. The newest 3M vinyls can last 5 years easy, especially if you ceramic coat them.

Reactions
Depends on how much you are in the sun, quality of vinyl, and surface prep but I’ve had some wraps last 5 years and others maybe 2. Different colors last different lengths too. The tech is for sure getting better. The newest 3M vinyls can last 5 years easy, especially if you ceramic coat them.
Thank you for the explanation. I greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions

Total rundown of work: gloss black roof, shark fin, and c-pillars, matte/gloss emblem overlays, yellow fogs, blacked out rear bumper markers, forged carbon hood, side view mirror caps, front splitter, rear fascia, side stripes, interior trim, and steering wheel. Damn... thats alot of plastic... View attachment 7996 View attachment 7997 View attachment 7998 View attachment 7999 View attachment 8000 View attachment 8002 View attachment 8003
Sick!!! We have similar taste. Mine’s getting wrapped in the next week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions

Where did you get the yellow fog light covers?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I like your License Plate,