Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Vibration

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
I have a brand new 2023 ST and while I’m in park or idling, I’ve noticed a big vibration. Anyone else have this issue?

OP
J

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #2
Nope it’s literally a vibration in park on flat surface or idling. I know it has a giant engine, but there’s no need for the vibration on a new vehicle.. and it feels like it’s coming from the right side. Perhaps something is loose. Off to the dealership on a brand new SUV.. geeer

Reactions
Vehicle
Sold after 6 months
It's really not a big engine in comparison, so that's not a reason. It shouldn't vibrate like that in park especially. Search for vibration on this forum. Seen various topics on that. One recently with a TSB for motor mounts.

OP
J

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Thank you. I saw the forums about the vibration. It’s great information. And I will speak with service and see what they say.

OP
J

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Any update on your vibration noise from the dealer?
I haven’t had a chance to take it in yet. I’m kinda pissed off that this is a brand new car and I have to deal with it to be honest. But I will update you as soon as I get answers. Thanks for checking in!

OP
J

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
I am getting frustrated as well for a first time Ford owner. Just had left side cat replaced and now the right side cat is cracked. Yours should have the new version installed already. Steering wheel was replaced as heating steering wheel module melted the entire module. (You may not even have the heated wheel as it could have been deleted) My drivers seat is creaking and cracking like the floors of a house built in 1800s and car vibrates at idle probably due to them poorly installing my left side cat I assume... Hopefully this is it and I enjoy it after those get fixed a few weeks. Only have 20k miles on it........
Ahhh I’m sorry yo hear this! My carpet under the drivers seat is all jacked up and it needs to be fixed as well. I do have the heated steering wheel, but luckily haven’t had an issue with it. Ford definitely could have done better with the interior materiel being that it’s a $60k car…mine only has 1250 miles on it. I’m making a list of things wrong and I’ll give it to service to fix.

OP
J

Jsterz23

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
I am getting frustrated as well for a first time Ford owner. Just had left side cat replaced and now the right side cat is cracked. Yours should have the new version installed already. Steering wheel was replaced as heating steering wheel module melted the entire module. (You may not even have the heated wheel as it could have been deleted) My drivers seat is creaking and cracking like the floors of a house built in 1800s and car vibrates at idle probably due to them poorly installing my left side cat I assume... Hopefully this is it and I enjoy it after those get fixed a few weeks. Only have 20k miles on it........
Ok, finally got around to making an appointment for the major/minor issues I’m having so far.. I’ll keep you updated once they figure out what they’re gonna do.

Reactions
Vehicle
Sold after 6 months
Good luck, hope they are able to take care of it all in one visit.

Reactions
Vehicle
ford Explorer hybrid 2022
Same problem with mine but if it can help someone or give any hints, it does not happen when the drive mode is on ECO

Reactions
Vehicle
ford Explorer hybrid 2022
It is a 2022 limited hybrid

Explorer ST Posts