Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Vibration/knocking noise under passenger seat

Robpacific

Reactions
Same sound same exhaust. Been chasing it for a while. 2020 explorer st mbrp exhaust. Plastic or metallic rattling sound under passenger’s feet on decel with or without brake pedal. Speeds over 30 mph. It has gotten progressively more obnoxious. Will go check after lunch.

Foremanrd

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just in case someone else experiences the noise we started hearing the last couple days. My wife took her ST off main roads and she started hearing a noise she described to me. Today on the highway, I started hearing the noise she described as she drove and I was in passenger seat. At first I thought maybe it was a large paint protective sticker that maybe was coming loose on the roof and flapping. After a bit of detective work, noise seemed from under passenger rear seat area. It is a large felt cover that a nut was not present. Driving off road l, the felt pulled off of the stud and would flap at faster speeds causing the noise. Just in case someone else has similar situation and may be quicker to solve.