Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Vehicle will not start

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #21
My vehicle did go into sleep mode once (notification via Ford Pass App), but I do not remember if it was around the same time my vehicle would not start. I can tell you since the program update, the vehicle has not gone into sleep mode and I do not drive it as much since retirement and the COVID-19 (stay at home) issue.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I've driven two 100 mile tests to verify the battery issue is gone. Glad that update was the resolution.

BinIndy

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Tony, did they ever get it fixed?? Here it is...December 2, 2022...and we're STILL fighting this issue. The dealership is replacing the Body Control Module...they threw out some weird stat that it's fixed "14 of 17 cars with this issue". Seems like BS...but I guess we'll see..............

Reactions
Tony, did they ever get it fixed?? Here it is...December 2, 2022...and we're STILL fighting this issue. The dealership is replacing the Body Control Module...they threw out some weird stat that it's fixed "14 of 17 cars with this issue". Seems like BS...but I guess we'll see..............
I have one of the original 2020's that had this jssue , mine was a battery drain after the truck sat for 3 days it wouldn't start. The fix was they reprogrammed something and it hasn't happened in over 3 years....

KegsBdry

Reactions
This was happening to mine a couple years ago. Ended up being a problem with the battery cap of all things. It was defective at allowing the battery to charge.