Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Vanity Plate Names

OP
J
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Way too easy for the police to remember! :0) I have the same trailer hitch cover and the cover and license plate sure does look great on yours!

SecksE

Reactions
no, it’s just a vinyl that goes over the red
no, it’s just a vinyl that goes over the red
Oh good, i didn't get ripped off.... haha
Going to get our buddy to customize some for me. :) Thx

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Oh good, i didn't get ripped off.... haha
Going to get our buddy to customize some for me. :) Thx
If you go to the ST SUV experience you get actual black badges instead of vinyl overlays

SecksE

Reactions
I really wanted to do the ST experience but living in Canada not sure when our lockdown will be over!!!!‍♀️

OP
J
Reactions
Thread Starter #28
Got mine confirmed but it can take up to 8 weeks:

XPLRNG
Colorado

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
I'm partial to mine... BYEHEMI was taken already. There must be alot of Fiat haters in MD.

View attachment 3943
Bye Hemi....hmmmmmm.. not sure I get it. I have a challenger Hellcat and a Trackhawk both are Hemis and the Explorer ST can't beat either of those. Guess I just don't get it. ⁉️. Please explain the meaning of your plate.. you can't beat a Hemi but did you own a Hemi SRT and now you don't any longer? I feel like I should be riding the short bus but I really don't get it.

Blackssr

Reactions
I had an SRT-10 quad cab ram pickup.... My vanity plate was "Feed Me"
Back in my twenties I raced radio control cars professionally and won a few Nationals and my plate on my 93 Corvette Convertible was "ROAR-USA1"
The wife and I no longer have vanity plates because it's too easy for somebody to remember, especially the cops. If you have an argument with someone and they see your car parked somewhere weeks later they won't forget the plate.. bad things will happen to your vehicle.

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Bye Hemi....hmmmmmm.. not sure I get it. I have a challenger Hellcat and a Trackhawk both are Hemis and the Explorer ST can't beat either of those. Guess I just don't get it. ⁉️. Please explain the meaning of your plate.. you can't beat a Hemi but did you own a Hemi SRT and now you don't any longer? I feel like I should be riding the short bus but I really don't get it.
You're looking too deep. I have zero brand loyalty to anything--I own a subaru, a ram truck, this vehicle, a honda, etc. etc. Its just a joke to poke and rile up the SRT Challenger/Charger/Grand Cherokee enthusiasts around here and show some love to the Ford camp as long as I happen to own one. I can outrun and out-pull anything that doesn't have a Hellcat motor stuffed in it so its all for fun.

Reactions
Vanity plates are fun to see and read but they also make it easier for other drivers to identify you if you drive like a horse's ass and call 911. The same goes for bright or unusual colored paint jobs. We have had a few calls over the years with vanity plates. Most of the time we get partial plates the average driver can not remember random letter number combinations. If I were to have one it would be DRK HNTR= drunk hunter, I do a lot of Safe and Sober saturations.

Blackssr

Reactions
You're looking too deep. I have zero brand loyalty to anything--I own a subaru, a ram truck, this vehicle, a honda, etc. etc. Its just a joke to poke and rile up the SRT Challenger/Charger/Grand Cherokee enthusiasts around here and show some love to the Ford camp as long as I happen to own one. I can outrun and out-pull anything that doesn't have a Hellcat motor stuffed in it so its all for fun.
Got it....that also means I'll whip you twice ...we've got two supercharged Hemis' in the house. Lol

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Got it....that also means I'll whip you twice ...we've got two supercharged Hemis' in the house. Lol
Guess I need to get on installing that Stage 5 kit from ZFG... :unsure:

Blackssr

Reactions
Guess I need to get on installing that Stage 5 kit from ZFG... :unsure:
You are going to need more than that. My wife's Trackhawk is tuned and makes 800 HP on 93. All Wheel drive. It hooks up each and every time with minimal effort. It is Mid 11 second car at the strip consistently. My Challenger is also tuned but 2 wheel drive and a handful without drag radials. :-(. Even then getting it to hook is a challenge.
The Explorer ST is the perfect daily driver. I will get the tune in a few months after I feel the SUV has no issues. $600 bucks for a 90 more HP is a deal of the decade. Even with a tune it still cannot beat the Supercharged Hemi in the Trackhawk or Challenger. Stock or tuned the 6.2 Liters of engine and 2.4 liters SC is a monster combo and a handful on the street or strip. Dodge, love Mopar or hate them created a memorable machine. That engine is a marvel and lives up to the hype.
I have been blessed to own all three and can compare and speak fist hand without B.S. The Trackhawk is incredible to drive but I commuted between my homes in Boca Raton and Lakeland Florida (400 miles) 3 times a week while the wife was in Med School. She just graduated so things should settle down. Putting 100K miles a year on a $108,000 vehicle was insane and the MPG was horrendous. I had to stop for gas 4 times a week. The ST gets double the MPH and is as fun to drive. It is a winner in my book. I love mine. If I feel the need the need for a power run I have 1600 HP waiting in the garage.
I will go on record. The Supercharger whine in both Hellcats are music to any car lovers ears. It is just insane under WOT.

Next up in a C8 Convertible . White with blood red interior.

Last edited:

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
We will see if this will fly with the local law enforcement. So far, no problems. Covered the letters with Oracal 951 vinyl, Cardinal red. Worst case, I'll peel them off. IMG_1295.JPG

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Vanity plates are fun to see and read but they also make it easier for other drivers to identify you if you drive like a horse's ass and call 911. The same goes for bright or unusual colored paint jobs. We have had a few calls over the years with vanity plates. Most of the time we get partial plates the average driver can not remember random letter number combinations. If I were to have one it would be DRK HNTR= drunk hunter, I do a lot of Safe and Sober saturations.
Good luck. lol 2B02F889-15F2-4E40-A8A2-07CB2DC77E2B.jpeg

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
ST4ME

Jim