Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Used ST's

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I didn't know I needed massaging seats until I bought the ST. Now I don't think I will own another vehicle without them.
AMEN to that!!

Reactions
The late build 22s and the 2023s have the 4 bolt sub frame

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Good info, so regarding the wifi, is this some sort of a monthly paid feature? Yes i did see some people mention the hands free tailgate lift, did this start from the 20 MY or was it added in 21?
Sorry for the late reply, just saw this, lol. yes, the in car wifi (kid babysitter :) ) is a monthly paid item from AT&T. They have various xxgb data packages. I think the basic is like 5gb/month for $25ish... kinda expensive IMO... So I would never purchase this anyways. I have hotspot on my phone from Verizon that is better coverage and way faster speeds and is included with my plan... but kid is 20 now, so no kid keeper until grandkids come around. But its the exact same thing I have in my C7 vette too. Pretty much all incar wifi systems are the exact same thing from AT&T as the only option (in the states that is).

a3po

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Silver ST. Anonymous 20" wheels.
Gents, new member here with similar questions as the OP. The ST will be my next rig, but want the features on earlier models. I’ve found a 21 with everything I want on it: massaging & cooled seats, keyless trunk, big screen, B&O, and low miles. With option availability aside, what is the advantage of a 21 over the 20? Were some bugs actually sorted, such that by buying a 21, I might avoid a headache, and if so, which ones, please?

This will be a daily driver for me. I also hope to use my ST for light duty boat trailering, and to go over sand onto my local outer beach, which is pretty flat, but requires 4x4. I asked Matt Farah and Zach from The Smoking Tire podcast which comes out this week, TST#788, and neither had driven one, but a NateM replied his ST was fast, though plagued with electrical issues, and felt it was not fully proofed. Zach suggested I check the forums. I was already scouring content here, but they had little else to add. What might I be getting myself into? Fun and versatility, but how many service disruptions do you think I’ll endure? I work in sales and need a reliable driver, hopefully with a bit of fun, and *think* this is my best choice. Repairs and gremlins have me gun-shy at the moment.
Thanks so much for hearing me rant.
Cheers.

RJS

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer
If it's from a dealer, have them pull the service records and Carfax for it. Once you feel good about them add an Ford extended warranty for under $2000 from Ziegler or other low cost ESP seller and drive it like you own it. It's a late model used car purchase no more no less.

I bought a 2020 Explorer back in August 2022 from a local dealer with 29,000 miles on it. All the service records were there and all services had been done. After about a month of ownership I noticed the side/front cameras were cloudy and the trans shifting had gotten harsh. Dealer fixed both with a new wiring harness/module for the cameras and a TSB upgrade on the trans. Great little car now.
The OEM warranty ran out just after the camera fix but I have 7yr/100mile ESP on it now so I'm enjoying a great car.

Reactions
PS. Anyone know where one can pull window stickers from? Just wanna see them as im looking up the STs to see all the options they have.
This was from my Feb '20 purchase at the time...

Attachments

a3po

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Silver ST. Anonymous 20" wheels.
Most Carfax reports that commonly are included with used models for sale have links through them to the original sticker.