Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

UPR Oil Pan Easy Dain Plug

Reactions
I did my first oil change today (1,400 miles) and I almost held off after I saw this post. I thought I’d order one and then do the oil change. Decided to change it anyway and that stock oil plug was no big deal at all. The advantage that I see with UPR plug is that you can attach a hose to it and drain the oil directly to a plastic gallon water container easily. When it fills up, just shut the valve and get another container instead of draining to a big oil change container and then transferring it. I just installed a UPR catch can so I have no doubt the drain plug is top quality as is their catch cans.

Reactions
Their products seem to be pretty high in their quality and QC. I have my Catch can video on this site as well.

I did my first oil change today (1,400 miles) and I almost held off after I saw this post. I thought I’d order one and then do the oil change. Decided to change it anyway and that stock oil plug was no big deal at all. The advantage that I see with UPR plug is that you can attach a hose to it and drain the oil directly to a plastic gallon water container easily. When it fills up, just shut the valve and get another container instead of draining to a big oil change container and then transferring it. I just installed a UPR catch can so I have no doubt the drain plug is top quality as is their catch cans.

Reactions
Their products seem to be pretty high in their quality and QC. I have my Catch can video on this site as well.
There are two types, this one and the one with the ring at the end. What is the difference? The one with the ring Is more expensive but doesn’t have the easy 1/4 hose drain option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Yep...I know that. Your videos are great too and I subscribed. I still haven’t gotten the stock ECSS hose disconnected to install the UPR piece. Mine is a later build with that orange connector. Your video shows it well but maybe I’m scared because you broke one of the retainers. My 90 degree pick may be too short so I’m just going to make one to work.

Reactions
If you only break one you will be fine.

Yep...I know that. Your videos are great too and I subscribed. I still haven’t gotten the stock ECSS hose disconnected to install the UPR piece. Mine is a later build with that orange connector. Your video shows it well but maybe I’m scared because you broke one of the retainers. My 90 degree pick may be too short so I’m just going to make one to work.

Reactions
Do you know the difference between to two types of UPR drain plugs. The one with the ring is more expensive but not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the UPR plug with the blue anodized end has an integrated twist valve plug meaning you turn it to open and drain the oil without removing the plug from the oil pan
the other UPR plug is just a nicer and more durable version of the OEM plastic plug that must be removed at every oil change