Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Unofficial NY/NJ Sunday ST Cruise in the Mountains

Reactions
Last week a few of us threw together a last minute meet. Yesterday turned out to be a great fall day for a scenic drive!:cool: The original meet spot would have been amazing for photos. We had to pivot locations due to everyone and their mothers looking at leaves but it was all good. At the meet were @Nick P , @Yungty718, one of Nick's friends with a Trackhawk and myself. Nick's car must be seen in person... pics don’t do it justice. Love the work that both of you have done with your cars!! Kudos to @Yungty718 for coming up from LI with the family(y)(y)

Any doubts or questions I had with the plan for my build were put to rest yesterday. For example, I knew I wanted to lower it like my past cars. My ideal setup would be coil-overs, but they don't exist yet for the ST. With the limited options (H&R or Steeda) I thought the H&R springs sagged too much in the back based on photos, while the Steeda springs appear to have a slight rack towards the front. H&Rs look absolutely perfect.:love: Also, I've been planning on the Borla S-Type and after hearing both of their cars I have no doubt that is the sound I've been looking for. No video online can replicate what they sound like in person. I was also concerned the SPD downpipes might make the exhaust tone too loud but it is such a great combination with the Borla S-Type, IMO. All I can say now is... let the fun begin! Until the next meet, fellas... enjoy the pics below. IMG_1804-cr-v (Large).jpg IMG_1806-cr-v (Large).jpg IMG_1814-cr-v-bw (Large).jpg IMG_1822-cr-v (Large).jpg IMG_1828-cr-v-bw (Large).jpg IMG_1829-cr-v (Large).jpg IMG_1838-cr (Large).jpg

Reactions
That looks a lot like Seven Lakes Drive...

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
That looks a lot like Seven Lakes Drive...
Bingo... at a rest area on Route 6 near Woodbury

Reactions
Looking forward to the next meet up with some highway runs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Bingo... at a rest area on Route 6 near Woodbury
I did a lot of rides up there. My brother lives up that way, in Monroe.

Reactions
Let me know when the next one is, I might try to make it.

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Reactions
Last week a few of us threw together a last minute meet. Yesterday turned out to be a great fall day for a scenic drive!:cool: The original meet spot would have been amazing for photos. We had to pivot locations due to everyone and their mothers looking at leaves but it was all good. At the meet were @Nick P , @Yungty718, one of Nick's friends with a Trackhawk and myself. Nick's car must be seen in person... pics don’t do it justice. Love the work that both of you have done with your cars!! Kudos to @Yungty718 for coming up from LI with the family(y)(y)

Any doubts or questions I had with the plan for my build were put to rest yesterday. For example, I knew I wanted to lower it like my past cars. My ideal setup would be coil-overs, but they don't exist yet for the ST. With the limited options (H&R or Steeda) I thought the H&R springs sagged too much in the back based on photos, while the Steeda springs appear to have a slight rack towards the front. H&Rs look absolutely perfect.:love: Also, I've been planning on the Borla S-Type and after hearing both of their cars I have no doubt that is the sound I've been looking for. No video online can replicate what they sound like in person. I was also concerned the SPD downpipes might make the exhaust tone too loud but it is such a great combination with the Borla S-Type, IMO. All I can say now is... let the fun begin! Until the next meet, fellas... enjoy the pics below. View attachment 2205 View attachment 2206 View attachment 2207 View attachment 2208 View attachment 2209 View attachment 2210 View attachment 2211
Looking forward to seeing your build @NYKn1ght and Part II of the NY/NJ Meet-Up!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Found this last photo from the meet I hadn't posted yet... shows off the nice detail in Nick's hood wrap on his Silver Spruce BeaST.:cool:(y) IMG_1813-cr (Large).jpg

Reactions
Found this last photo from the meet I hadn't posted yet... shows off the nice detail in Nick's hood wrap on his Silver Spruce BeaST.:cool:(y) View attachment 2372
Dude, love it thank you! Definitely saving that to the ST Album !!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk