Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Unidentified noise

Jhiggins

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
20 explorer ST
Hi everyone on my 2020 Explorer, ST myself and another mechanic have come across a noise that cannot be identified. It’s intermittent. At normal, driving through the city streets as well as normal accelerating on the highway it doesn’t happen, but if you give it a little bit of beans either from a dead stop or pull on the expressway, I have a strange, grinding sound. We wrecked the explorer and did standard checks, and nothing obvious is staring us in the face. No leaks, no broken parts no loose parts, everything seems to be in order of the best recording. I can get this thing if anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

OP
J

Jhiggins

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
20 explorer ST
Thread Starter #2
Hi everyone on my 2020 Explorer, ST myself and another mechanic have come across a noise that cannot be identified. It’s intermittent. At normal, driving through the city streets as well as normal accelerating on the highway it doesn’t happen, but if you give it a little bit of beans either from a dead stop or pull on the expressway, I have a strange, grinding sound. We racked the explorer and did standard checks, and nothing obvious is staring us in the face. No leaks, no broken parts no loose parts, everything seems to be in order of the best recording. I can get this thing if anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

OP
J

Jhiggins

U.S. Army Veteran