Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

UNBROKEN’s Iconic Silver ST build

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Very nice. I hadn't seen those before......brb, checking them out.

Ordered. I thought about the steering wheel piece but it would be a matte finish next to the polished trim below it.

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #623
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #624
Very nice. I hadn't seen those before......brb, checking them out.

Ordered. I thought about the steering wheel piece but it would be a matte finish next to the polished trim below it.
I have that steering wheel piece coming too. It’s cheap enough to throw away if it’s not gonna work. lol

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #625
Rained for 3 weeks...she’s finally shining. A6B1FAD9-E676-4826-882D-C6664BC79892.jpeg

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #626
Finally got the UPR door inserts thrown on. These are thick plastic and fill the recessed area to flush instead of just a thin vinyl inlay. Damn nice parts that took only a couple of minutes to install.
0D2CFA47-73A1-4D46-83B3-1418E7DBDCA2.jpeg

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Finally got the UPR door inserts thrown on. These are thick plastic and fill the recessed area to flush instead of just a thin vinyl inlay. Damn nice parts that took only a couple of minutes to install.
View attachment 6022
Looks clean !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #628
Forgot to put fresh wash pics in here. She got a full detail and 2 fresh coats of Meguiars Ultimate in prep for a 4000+ mile, 2 week long road trip starting on June 11th.
Houston to Tulsa for a party then Pueblo, Royal Gorge, Grand Junction, Moab, Salt Lake City, Bonneville, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Sequoia Natl Park, Fresno to hang with friends, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon Skywalk, Grand Canyon South Rim, Saguaro Natl Park, Big Bend Natl Park, Austin to hang with friends then home. After that she gets parked...I’m buying a new daily and the ST will just do weekend duty.

3B43237C-3B3C-43DB-87D3-31F36D774A52.jpeg 80236A7E-ED7B-4069-9042-9CC7DEBD508F.jpeg 932341D9-B53A-405D-8110-FFFDD38AC329.jpeg

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #629
I’m picking up a Nissan Frontier to daily to the office and also have a small truck for crap around the house. Plus they’re so ugly I won’t wanna mod it...well maybe some wheels and tires but there’s really no hope for them. lol

AC43394C-8783-4725-9E20-590512E3CF79.png

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I’m picking up a Nissan Frontier to daily to the office and also have a small truck for crap around the house. Plus they’re so ugly I won’t wanna mod it...well maybe some wheels and tires but there’s really no hope for them. lol

View attachment 6057
I just traded my Wrangler for one of those. I said the same ting, no mods. That was last month, the parts should start arriving tomorrow.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I really don't understand why I don't see more of those around job sites. F-150s have gotten way too big, and there is two my Dad's ranch-hands use, and they beat those things to within an inch of their life all day long six days a week... AND THEY JUST WONT DIE...

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #632
I really don't understand why I don't see more of those around job sites. F-150s have gotten way too big, and there is two my Dad's ranch-hands use, and they beat those things to within an inch of their life all day long six days a week... AND THEY JUST WONT DIE...
I’m driving one right now. We bought 2 of them for the office...I use them all the time for running to job sites. I’m heading down to south Texas as I type. And you’re right...they won’t die. I’ve tried. lol

Reactions
Forgot to put fresh wash pics in here. She got a full detail and 2 fresh coats of Meguiars Ultimate in prep for a 4000+ mile, 2 week long road trip starting on June 11th.
Houston to Tulsa for a party then Pueblo, Royal Gorge, Grand Junction, Moab, Salt Lake City, Bonneville, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Sequoia Natl Park, Fresno to hang with friends, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon Skywalk, Grand Canyon South Rim, Saguaro Natl Park, Big Bend Natl Park, Austin to hang with friends then home. After that she gets parked...I’m buying a new daily and the ST will just do weekend duty.

View attachment 6054 View attachment 6055 View attachment 6056
Looking dope as ever. I’m tired from just reading your road trip plans. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Hey Unbroken, thanks for sharing your build, you have an awesome ride. I don't know if I am glad I found this forum or not, I think it is going to cost me a lot of money, lol. Since I don't have the skills you, and some of the others do, it will cost me a lot more having to have someone do the mods for me.
I am curious how much of a difference the sound deadening made. The video of you knocking on the doors kinda answers that a little but what is it like in the cabin now that you have that done, at least until you do your sound system and do the floor.
Have a great trip, that sounds like a blast.

Reactions
I apologize if you have this posted somewhere, but did you order replacement mirror covers and have them painted or did you have your original covers color matched? IF you ordered new covers, would you mind sharing the part numbers? Thank you

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #636
They’re oem covers I had sprayed. They’re only available in black.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #637
Hey Unbroken, thanks for sharing your build, you have an awesome ride. I don't know if I am glad I found this forum or not, I think it is going to cost me a lot of money, lol. Since I don't have the skills you, and some of the others do, it will cost me a lot more having to have someone do the mods for me.
I am curious how much of a difference the sound deadening made. The video of you knocking on the doors kinda answers that a little but what is it like in the cabin now that you have that done, at least until you do your sound system and do the floor.
Have a great trip, that sounds like a blast.
I flat forgot to get before measurements on sound level so anything after wouldn’t mean anything but it’s made a huge difference. There will always be noise when driving but the levels are very noticeably lower now.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #638
Another Chinese experiment. Upper steering wheel trim in matte silver. Not a direct match for the lower oem trim but not too bad. The fit is spot on at least.
25F1EADF-FAFF-45B3-A329-A1381B9CFA4D.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Another Chinese experiment. Upper steering wheel trim in matte silver. Not a direct match for the lower oem trim but not too bad. The fit is spot on at least.
View attachment 6131
Where did you get this? Looks great