Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tuning Noob questions

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
To start I have never tuned any of my cars before so this is a new landscape for me. Im extremely close to pulling the trigger on a 2020 ST with low miles because I've seen some people make these things rocket ships. What Tune is best for someone who probably will run 87 most of the time and 93 when the prices are good? Also about how much performance gain can be expected for each fuel type? Thanks

ssw

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Check out the thread I started on Gear Head Auto Octane Tune....seems perfect for what you are looking for.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
To start I have never tuned any of my cars before so this is a new landscape for me. Im extremely close to pulling the trigger on a 2020 ST with low miles because I've seen some people make these things rocket ships. What Tune is best for someone who probably will run 87 most of the time and 93 when the prices are good? Also about how much performance gain can be expected for each fuel type? Thanks
I am enjoying my ZFG 93 tune.

You will not be disapponted in ZFG's Auto Octane tune.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/product-page/2020-21-ford-explorer-3-0l-zfg-racing-custom-tune.

Explorer ST Posts