Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tuning hardware

Reactions
Hi all,
New to the engine tuning here so forgive my ignorance. But say I want a tune for my ST. Is there something that plugs in that I need to mount somewhere on the dash to control things? Or do you download the software, unplug it and you are done?
Trying to make this as inconspicuous as I can as to not clutter up the dash area.
Thanks!

Reactions
Seems as though most of us here use Adam at ZFGracing. He uses HPTuners and their MPVI2. Its a program you download on your computer once you receive the module from him, pull a copy of your stock file, send to him, he makes changes, sends the tune back, then you send logs to him and he adjusts it until it is dialed in. This is all done with your laptop. When its complete, you unplug all of it and never have to worry about it again

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Seems as though most of us here use Adam at ZFGracing. He uses HPTuners and their MPVI2. Its a program you download on your computer once you receive the module from him, pull a copy of your stock file, send to him, he makes changes, sends the tune back, then you send logs to him and he adjusts it until it is dialed in. This is all done with your laptop. When its complete, you unplug all of it and never have to worry about it again
Great, exactly what I was wondering about. Thank you!