Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tuned Drive Mode

IM A NYR 3

Reactions
Please ignore my ignorance here. If I was to get the ST tuned, Would the tune only apply to the Sport Drive mode? For example you would not want it active in eco, snow, etc...

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I am a novice as well. I can say that the tune I applied from PDB was 'global' e.g. it applied to all drive modes while appearing to maintain the applicable drive mode's features (e.g. reduce fuel consumption in Eco).

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Being a novice also,
I'm looking for HP and Torque increases from PBD , ZFG, 5Star,
I can't find that info.

Jim

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Looks like ZFG PULLED 110 HP , with just a 93 tune.

If that's correct.
I know who I'll be using.

Jim

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Looks like ZFG PULLED 110 HP , with just a 93 tune.

If that's correct.
I know who I'll be using.

Jim
It would be wise to do so. My ST, with all the supporting mods has been 12.12 in the 1/4 and 3.94 to 60 on his 93 tune. Don’t expect those numbers without other mods but expect it to be a real good time.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
It would be wise to do so. My ST, with all the supporting mods has been 12.12 in the 1/4 and 3.94 to 60 on his 93 tune. Don’t expect those numbers without other mods but expect it to be a real good time.
If I just go with a stock 93 tune, then later do the other mods , can I upgrade the tune to match?

Jim

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
If I just go with a stock 93 tune, then later do the other mods , can I upgrade the tune to match?

Jim
Yes, ZFG will retune for your upgrades, for reasonable rates, really reasonable if you buy your parts from them. I have the 93 Tune w/ a K&N Filter, and the vehicle is completely different. Traction control off it'll smoke the tires through first gear.. it's a good time.

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
I have a LIVERNOIS tune installed and it is active in all drive modes but really shines in Sport mode... :)

OP
I

IM A NYR 3

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
OP
I

IM A NYR 3

Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Where can we find mods? I can only find the Whipple Intercooler replacement and Borla cat back exhaust.

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
So, I live in Iowa. We only have 87(E10), 88 (E15), 91 octane at pumps. We also have E85. Can we run E85? The manual says no more than 15% ethanol. But these guys are running higher.
I run a 91/93 octane tune from LIVERNOIS and it does Great.