Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tune with a surprise

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
So I pulled the trigger and got the Ford Performance Tune, got a little discount on it. I installed it this morning and took the ST out for a spin. It has more pep to it now. The one thing which surprised me is the tune installed the recall for the rear axle applying the parking brake. I did not want that recall when I had the rear camera recall done. Right after I put the tune in and went to pull out of the garage, it felt different taking off. I noticed the brake being applied when I went to the store and parked.
Nice way to slip it in Ford.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Yeah I noticed that too, but I always use the parking brake so I didn't mind.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Yes it drives me nuts, I thought I could get used to it but its still annoying after having the tune in for months. Applying the parking brake on flat ground is ridiculous, especially in rainy weather because if its overnight the "Bang" when you release it is startling to say the least.

Another pain point for a poorly designed and engineered part somewhere else on the vehicle.

OP

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Here is the other odd thing. I was getting the rear camera faults even after the recall. If I drove the ST and then went to back up into the garage, 9 of 10 times I'd get the fault message and the blue screen. Since the tune, not a single blip in the camera. I'll see today after the longer drive home from work if it blips or not.