Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tune revisions (ZFG)

Reactions
Hey guys, sorry if this is a dumb question......I just loaded the baseline 93 tune from ZFG. What exactly should i be looking for as far as revisions. I have not tuned a car since my 2001 Audi TT and honestly dont think i would know if anything seems off besides power. Just looking for a daily driver with a little extra power when i need it.

Reactions
I'm not sure if it can be done through a tuner, but if so, I'd get Adam at ZFG to disable Auto-Stop, Double-Honk and FENG (fake engine noise generator). I previously requested it in a revision with him though, and he didn't disable any of it. I know for sure a tune can disable Auto-Stop, but the other two? Not sure. Still wondering myself.

RobHalo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
You don't need to "look for" anything, if I'm understanding your question right. You're just going to record a new pull and send it back, and he will be able to tune further with that data. Of course if you notice something doesn't seem right or you have specific adjustment requests, you mention that when you send your new pull in.

Reactions
Send a datalog, in a day or two he'll send you a new file, send another datalog....repeat until he says it looks good. Mine only took one log from the base file and next revision was good.

Auto stop on mine is disabled in sport mode but still functions when driving in regular mode.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Thinking the AutoStop is disabled in SPORT MODE from the factory.

Reactions
Double honk and FENG are not disabled through a tune, they're disabled with Forscan. Auto start/stop is disabled with a tune.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Double honk and FENG are not disabled through a tune, they're disabled with Forscan. Auto start/stop is disabled with a tune.
Double honk? is that when you walk away from a running car with key in pocket?

Reactions
I'm not sure if it can be done through a tuner, but if so, I'd get Adam at ZFG to disable Auto-Stop, Double-Honk and FENG (fake engine noise generator). I previously requested it in a revision with him though, and he didn't disable any of it. I know for sure a tune can disable Auto-Stop, but the other two? Not sure. Still wondering myself.
I can't disable the double honk or feng that's within body control module not the ecu.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions
I can't disable the double honk or feng that's within body control module not the ecu.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for clarifying, Adam; wasn't sure if that was doable.