Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Trying to find a place to do Mods

Reactions
Anyone have an idea how to find a Ford performance shop near South or North Carolina???

I would like for a shop to do all the Mods but not sure if the dealership will do it!

Reactions
What are you looking for? I was able to get my Steeda springs and swaybar purchased and installed by Hilbish Ford in Concord, near Charlotte. Seemed easy to deal with. Not sure what else they'll do. See if you can find a dealership that is heavy into Roush Mustangs. Forget Crossroads Ford.

Reactions
Just remembered, Todd Turlock at Tullock Automotive is an old gearhead in Matthews. He's done work on my wife's Acura. Fair pricing, and good work. His passion is older hot rods but I'm sure he'll welcome the ST crowd.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'd say most Ford dealers will do just about anything you want. They are already working on high performance Mustangs.

Blackssr

Reactions
I'd say most Ford dealers will do just about anything you want. They are already working on high performance Mustangs.
I'm looking into doing my tune at West Palm Beach tuning. My 2021 just turned 700 miles maybe and I'm concerned and don't want to deal with warranty issues down the road. I wish Ford would have a factory authorized tune that would retain the warranty. I would pay a couple thousand dollars for 150 more horsepower in a heartbeat as long as it did not void the Ford warranty. I just purchased the extended warranty from Flood Ford. I paid $720 for 6 years, 60,000 mi, $50 deductible. I live in Florida , 8 months a year, but have I summer house in New York. I live there four months a year and used that address so I was able to get the huge discount. Maybe the experts could chime in on the ridiculous rule in Florida as far as discounting extended warranties. When I took the extended warranty on my Trackhawk and my Hellcat Challenger (7-year 70,000 MI no deductible) I put up with no such nonsense, they just sold them to me, dirt cheap from a forum Dodge dealership supporting vendor on the Hellcat forums. I forget the name but he was the go-to guy like Flood Ford is to Ford.

Last edited:

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I think you’d be looking at hardware plus software or at least alcohol to get a full 150 HP out of it. I suspect a tune alone wouldn’t do this without being on the ragged edge.