Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Trying to download destination from my Android to NAV screen in vehicle

arg4me

Reactions
I've been using the FordPass app to try to download a destination from my android phone to the Sync3 system in the vehicle without success. Does anyone have suggestions? I called FordPass support and was told it was not possible. Not sure if they misunderstood what I was trying to do or if this is the reality. If it's reality, the app is fairly worthless for any mapping. MY GMC that I traded in allowed searching for a destination or address on your phone and then sending it to the vehicle. When I jumped in my vehicle, the destination was waiting there for me to press GO. Seems simple. Does Ford not do this? Any help is much appreciated.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
IIRC, my recent searches in Google Maps will show up when I connect the phone in the car. Opening Google Maps, they’re at the top of the list. You can also save locations and see them in the car.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST - STAR WHITE
I've been using the FordPass app to try to download a destination from my android phone to the Sync3 system in the vehicle without success. Does anyone have suggestions? I called FordPass support and was told it was not possible. Not sure if they misunderstood what I was trying to do or if this is the reality. If it's reality, the app is fairly worthless for any mapping. MY GMC that I traded in allowed searching for a destination or address on your phone and then sending it to the vehicle. When I jumped in my vehicle, the destination was waiting there for me to press GO. Seems simple. Does Ford not do this? Any help is much appreciated.
You have to connect AndroidAuto or Apple CarPlay if you want to see your phone based map on the screen. It doesn't transfer to Sync. If you want to use built in Nav , you need to program the location into Sync itself.