Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

trying out the Redtiger F7N-PLUS 4K Dashcam setup

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
my wife was in a minor accident, rear-ending another car, of course without a dashcam she's at fault... even though the car in front of her caused the issue
what sucks now is we have a $500 deductible and 3 years of increased insurance... ordered this dash cam (a little late now) but at least will be around for the next jackass...

here's the setup I'm going with:
Visit the REDTIGER Store
4.4 out of 5 stars 7,942 ratings | 820 answered questions

REDTIGER Dash Cam Front Rear, 4K/2.5K Full HD Dash Camera $119 (after $30 off coupon)
SAMSUNG EVO Select Micro SD-Memory-Card 256GB $17
REDTIGER 3M Mount F7N Dash Cam with GPS Module $20
REDTIGER F7N Dash Cam Hardwire Kit,11.5ft USB C Port Hard Wire Kit for Dashcam $20
REDTIGER F7N Circular Polarizing Lens, CPL for Dash cam $21

hope to get this installed soon, and will report back...

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
I run the same set up works amazing esxtreamly affordable

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
ODB, Can you consistently read the license plates of the car in front of you?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My dash cam saved me big time.
My sad story
When the accident happened I failed to realize extend of the damage (didn't see the dent) and just drove home.

Later the dash cam footage helped me to get license plate of the other party and the video helped to determine that I'm at zero fault with the insurance. So my rates are not going to change.

Still lost my 500$ deductible and awaiting the other party insurance to pay me that (I don't think it will ever come).

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
ODB, Can you consistently read the license plates of the car in front of you?
If both are moving its a bit blurry
If either is stopped its very clear

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
Thread Starter #6
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
my wife was in a minor accident, rear-ending another car, of course without a dashcam she's at fault... even though the car in front of her caused the issue
what sucks now is we have a $500 deductible and 3 years of increased insurance... ordered this dash cam (a little late now) but at least will be around for the next jackass...

here's the setup I'm going with:
Visit the REDTIGER Store
4.4 out of 5 stars 7,942 ratings | 820 answered questions

REDTIGER Dash Cam Front Rear, 4K/2.5K Full HD Dash Camera $119 (after $30 off coupon)
SAMSUNG EVO Select Micro SD-Memory-Card 256GB $17
REDTIGER 3M Mount F7N Dash Cam with GPS Module $20
REDTIGER F7N Dash Cam Hardwire Kit,11.5ft USB C Port Hard Wire Kit for Dashcam $20
REDTIGER F7N Circular Polarizing Lens, CPL for Dash cam $21

hope to get this installed soon, and will report back...
Just an FYI , here in New Jersey , it doesn't matter what the car in front of u does, if u hit the back of them its ur fault!!! Period.... but of ur in an accident and u hit someone from behind and then someone hits into the back of you . If u don't explain it just how I said it you can be found to be not liable.. your story would be this, the car in front slammed on the brakes , so I slammed on my brakes . I stopped just short of hitting them and then the car behind me slammed into me and pushed me into the car in front of me ... You will not be liable at all it will be the last car that will foot the bill unless u break out ur video and it shows u slamming into the car in front of u then the car behind u hit you !!! So for that seniaro the camera would be best to leave it in ur car!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If both are moving its a bit blurry
If either is stopped its very clear
I had the same issue with my Rexing V1 4k that uses the same Starvis sensor as the Red Tiger. Recently upgraded to a Viofo A139 Pro with the Starvis 2 and it's a big difference. Moving plates are clearer, even at night.