Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Triple black

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm a big fan of the white....but why the switch?

OP
nytfury2020
Reactions
Thread Starter #23
I'm a big fan of the white....but why the switch?
Sunroof was leaking like nobody's business. They had to lemon law it. Didn't even have it a year.

OP
nytfury2020
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
I HATE the white. Had it a month now and can't stand it. Anyone looking for one I'm getting rid of it ASAP!

Blackssr

Reactions
Hmmmmmm. Trading in or selling outright, you will take a $10,000 hit minimum. Re-think it. White looks the best IMHO. It is the easiest to keep. Having a new vehicle you are not happy with is horrible. I feel your pain as I once purchased a black 2004 Ford "Lightning" on a Sunday morning whim. By Sunday evening, I actually felt ill with regret and I knew I had made a grave error. The anemic interior and plain outside body of the Ford Lightning made me miss my fully loaded pearl white Escalade EXT that I traded in. The horsepower was not enough to compensate for the lack of luxury that the EXT provided. The horsepower was not that far off. Monday morning I was back at the Cadillac dealership trading in the Ford Lightning on a brand new 2005 Escalade EXT in pearl white. That was a $10,000 mistake nearly 16 years ago. Life is too short to be married to an ugly woman and drive a car you do not like. Lol. Why did you get the white color if you were on the fence at the time? I only buy white cars. For me, I learned my lesson. Dark colors show too many flaws and I'm too OCD for anything but white. Even with a quick wash, it will be show room appearance again. I hope you grow to love your vehicle. Perhaps changing the wheels and adding some graphite wrap would change things up a bit?

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
Tough number to hit on a used vehicle. I have a loaded 2021 White and I paid I think 52. In order to move that vehicle quick you're going to have to drop to the mid to high forties. It's been titled so it's used.
Good luck with your delemma.

OP
nytfury2020
Reactions
Thread Starter #31
Tough number to hit on a used vehicle. I have a loaded 2021 White and I paid I think 52. In order to move that vehicle quick you're going to have to drop to the mid to high forties. It's been titled so it's used.
Good luck with your delemma.
Thank you! I think that I'm stuck with it. The dealer popped me for full retail on it....$59K!

Blackssr

Reactions
Thank you! I think that I'm stuck with it. The dealer popped me for full retail on it....$59K!
Why not look at what others did to their STs for some ideas and make it your own. I added some carbon fiber stripes to mine and it looks like a completely different car. Everyone's taste is different, but I can tell you that I get at least two to three compliments or at least "nice looking Explorer" a day. Who knows you may grow to love it. If you were in South Florida, I would help you put some stripes on it. I help a lot of people trick out their cars, I enjoy it and I make new friends. (Just last week I added twin strips on a friends 2021 Hellcat Redeye. Erica is 35 and a knockout, so I didn't mind !):love:. Just don't make a hasty decision and lose 10 grand. For $5,000 you could have the entire car wrapped any color or design you want.
Here are some photos of my ST in white. Some members on here think it looks good, some think I went a bit overboard. Like I said everyone's taste is different. I'm a 51 year old who always had taste for flashy cars. I am from New York originally and I live in South Florida now. Both places are known for car culture.

Attachments

Last edited:

JCotterman

Reactions
Why not look at what others did to their STs for some ideas and make it your own. I added some carbon fiber stripes to mine and it looks like a completely different car. Everyone's taste is different, but I can tell you that I get at least two to three compliments or at least "nice looking Explorer" a day. Who knows you may grow to love it. If you were in South Florida, I would help you put some stripes on it. I help a lot of people trick out their cars, I enjoy it and I make new friends. (Just last week I added twin strips on a friends 2021 Hellcat Redeye. Erica is 35 and a knockout, so I didn't mind !):love:. Just don't make a hasty decision and lose 10 grand. For $5,000 you could have the entire car wrapped any color or design you want.
Here are some photos of my ST in white. Some members on here think it looks good, some think I went a bit overboard. Like I said everyone's taste is different. I'm a 51 year old who always had taste for flashy cars. I am from New York originally and I live in South Florida now. Both places are known for car culture.
What part of south Florida?
That’s where I live and would love to meet!
I live in Port St Lucie

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
What part of south Florida?
That’s where I live and would love to meet!
I live in Port St Lucie
My best bud is the IT director for Council on Aging and Community Transit (Fort Pierce and Port St.Lucie). I live in Boca Raton and I have a house in Lakeland as well.
South Florida is Boca, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. We considered you guys northerners. LOL

Last edited: