Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Transmission Problems and Recent TSB, Broad Model Application

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
There seems to be frequent discussion of transmission issues on this forum. This may be worth a read. If this has been discussed forgive for the rehash. I did read the TSB, This is one heck of a TSB and seems to describe many of the issues discussed here.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 10R60/10R80/10R80 MHT Automatic Transmission - Harsh/Delayed Engagement And/Or Harsh/Delayed Shift - Built On Or Before 23-Dec-2022 22-2428 26 May 2023

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Quite the document… it appears to state the cause is essentially unknown and the recommendations are to update the PCU, TCU, and then rebuild the transmission if symptoms are still exhibited.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Do techs know about these TSBs on their own or only after annoying customers like us start asking questions? I frankly don’t trust my dealer with this but maybe I’m being unfair

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I just sent this TSB over to the service manager and cc'd the operations director. I've read quite a few posts about this issue but they all seem to die off without any updates or solutuions. I thought it might be tune related but it happened today without the tune being installed.Just seems funny I didn't have an issue until after I took the vehicle in for service.

OP
GearHead_1

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Thread Starter #5
Forgot this was posted.