Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Transmission performance tune

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I am wondering if a ZFG transmission tune or any other tune will improve the "manual" shifting??? I knows it's not a dual clutch system, but I would like to remove some of that "lag, hesitation, ect" out of the shifting when up and downshifting on spirited curvy road driving. I miss driving some of my favorite curvy road driving with my manual transmission shifting. I would like better connection with my transmission when in manual shift mode. Also, are there actual transmission mods internally such as valve body upgrade, solenoid upgrade, ect??

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Yes, suncoast makes 0-3 stages of rebuilds - RSA does as well. I’m going with the RSA in 2 weeks - GPZ clutches - steels - fibers - seals - hardware - pro loc valve body. 3700$ you got ship it them complete tear down and rebuild - they run it in the 10.59 1/4 mile ST - which is still the record to date

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Yes, suncoast makes 0-3 stages of rebuilds - RSA does as well. I’m going with the RSA in 2 weeks - GPZ clutches - steels - fibers - seals - hardware - pro loc valve body. 3700$ you got ship it them complete tear down and rebuild - they run it in the 10.59 1/4 mile ST - which is still the record to date
Stage 2 and 3 and rsa come with explained clutch counts - raybestos over borg Warner seems to be the popular choice